Target Sports

New Used Truck in Texas F-150, Sierra, Silverado or Tundra???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GreySmoke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    I moving to Texas soon and it's time to change from a Chicago SUV to a Full Size Truck. I am looking ONLY at 2WD the Ford F-150 Super Crew, GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab, Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab and the Toyota Tundra Crew Cab. Any and all experiences would be welcome to help make the decision. I don't do much if any off road and will do a minimum amount of towing and hauling. Mileage is important!!!!

So what do you think? PS - I'm a really BIG guy so Size Matters....
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

2slow

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    beaumont
    f150 will get the best mileage and nicest interior imo, i have had both the gmc sierra and chevy silverado and found myself back to the f150. i had problems with my silverado and sierra with the stock battery terminals commin lose and shorting out the electronics and making them do wierd stuff, it never messed anything up just had to reset the clock alot, and it made the door locks jump up and down repeatedly.. this same thing happend with my wifes 09 yukon.. i changed out the battery terminal and fixed the issue

Last edited:

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Why do you want a truck if you don't need to tow/haul and don't feel like you will need 4wd? The mileage is pretty much going to be the same between all of them, not terrible but nothing to write home about either. Personally, I don't see enough of a difference between the mileage of a 2wd and a 4wd to outweigh the utility of having it if you ever needed it. That being said, your best bet is to test drive them and see what you like.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    They're releasing a new and updated version of the Silverado this year FYI.

I love Chevy but bought an F150 because I preferred it more. However this newer Silverado has me in love!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Our '04 F150 (5.4L) has over 170k and 85% of that is hauling trailers. Its been a pretty damn good truck and still running just fine.

My boss had an '11 silverado and just couldnt like it. Traded it in for an '12 F150 ecoboost and really likes it.

Last edited:

GreySmoke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    Why do you want a truck if you don't need to tow/haul and don't feel like you will need 4wd? The mileage is pretty much going to be the same between all of them, not terrible but nothing to write home about either. Personally, I don't see enough of a difference between the mileage of a 2wd and a 4wd to outweigh the utility of having it if you ever needed it. That being said, your best bet is to test drive them and see what you like.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk
    \\\Primary reason is my size, I’m 6”1 400lbs 62” Chest 52 waist….

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have an 08 F150 Supercrew that just turned over 100k. It has been an outstanding truck. Mine has the 4.6 liter v8, and 19 mpg is about the best I can manage on the highway. The ride, room and comfort far outweigh the mileage.

I also pulled a horse trailer and horse from Baton Rouge to Ft Worth last year, and it pulled just fine.

Top Bottom