• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Car salesman can make $4000-$6000+. Sales manager makes about $15,000 a month, general manager makes up to and past $25,000 a month. These are 2005 figures.

It's the hours that kill you. No time to spend the money. It's also why you'll get the bed liner you want.

Last edited:

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    have you used the clear bras before? on the long term i think they're more hassle than they're worth. also, get a spray in bedliner.

Yup have had them on several veh. Better then scratching the paint

Is getting the windshield tinted illegal? If I remember correctly you can only go down 5 or 6".

Its now legal to go 75% tint on the whole W/S

I woulda had the tint, bed liner, floor mats, bra...rolled into the deal. With the dealership being on the hook for warranty.

The tint I want is ceramic tint and typically not done at dealers unless high end, we're talking cars/trucks are $500, ft windshield is wanting $300

Very high heat rejection vs darkness, dark doesn't mean heat rejection

Google: huper optik or solar adaptive tint (photosync)

Thinking maybe bed rug vs spray in, if I go spray in I'll do line-x

No need for 4x4, this is a city truck

sent from the batcloset in the batcave on the batphone

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Never understood tinted windshields, or tinted taillights and headlights.

That one time when you need 4x4 and are thinking about who you can call, remember this thread haha

I settled for Lariat so I could get all the truck things like max tow, 4x4, big gas tank, trailer brake controller, etc. Still got my AC seats and that's all i care about

These aluminum F150s are hot rods. My 15 V8 smokes my '12 EcoBoost with 3.73s and my '13 Ecoboost.

Oh, and don't you love the back seat leg room

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

the_persuader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2015
    Good looking ride! If I was in the market for a new half ton, the F150 would be my choice. I'm not a big fan of the new Silverados or Rams.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Never understood tinted windshields, or tinted taillights and headlights.

That one time when you need 4x4 and are thinking about who you can call, remember this thread haha

I settled for Lariat so I could get all the truck things like max tow, 4x4, big gas tank, trailer brake controller, etc. Still got my AC seats and that's all i care about

These aluminum F150s are hot rods. My 15 V8 smokes my '12 EcoBoost with 3.73s and my '1 Ecoboost.

Oh, and don't you love the back seat leg room

There is a V8 that's faster than the turbo?

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    have max tow, 3.55, trailer brake as well.

big gas tank is nice, but i drive to in-laws in Kansas all too many times 12hrs , and never have we driven till the tank was emptyish, we stop ever 3-4 hrs

and last yr when we drove to Disney Fla w/ MiL we stopped like every 1.5hrs, UGH!

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    There is a V8 that's faster than the turbo?
    The 5.0 V8 is no slouch. My point was that the new '15 aluminum F150 is so light that the V8 version smokes my older F150 with EcoBoost and 3.73 gears. I had a '15 with 3.5 EcoBoost and it was a rocketship. But I traded it for the V8 and no ragrets.

Heck, even the new 2.7 EcoBoost makes for a quick truck. They have 325hp/365tq which is what the base 5.3 Chevy trucks had until a few years ago; and the F150 is 800lbs lighter.

I just got tired of turbo lag, and my EcoBoost trucks never got any better mpg than the V8s...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Ecoboost is Ford's version of exploding gas in the same manner as diesel. They still use a spark plug, but the way it's injected mimics smashing the gas like fuel oil. Exploding every bit of fuel in the combustion chamber. It uses less fuel and produces more power per gas used. Makes more use of the fuel kinda thing.

Pretty smart idea.

the_persuader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2015
    The 5.0 V8 is no slouch. My point was that the new '15 aluminum F150 is so light that the V8 version smokes my older F150 with EcoBoost and 3.73 gears. I had a '15 with 3.5 EcoBoost and it was a rocketship. But I traded it for the V8 and no ragrets.

Heck, even the new 2.7 EcoBoost makes for a quick truck. They have 325hp/365tq which is what the base 5.3 Chevy trucks had until a few years ago; and the F150 is 800lbs lighter.

I just got tired of turbo lag, and my EcoBoost trucks never got any better mpg than the V8s...

The Ecoboost made sense in the power department over the 5.0 and was more comparable to a 6.2, but got substantially better fuel economy. Our '11 averages 17 mpg out of a crew cab 4x4 with a diesel like torque curve. Turbo lag is pretty low. And with a tune only, an Ecoboost can gain 90 rwhp. Only drawback is the lack of V8 exhaust sound.

I can't comment on the '15's as I haven't driven one yet.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The eco boost is a step forward to e-85. Or ethanol. Which are both leaps backwards.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    The Ecoboost made sense in the power department over the 5.0 and was more comparable to a 6.2, but got substantially better fuel economy. Our '11 averages 17 mpg out of a crew cab 4x4 with a diesel like torque curve. Turbo lag is pretty low. And with a tune only, an Ecoboost can gain 90 rwhp. Only drawback is the lack of V8 exhaust sound.

I can't comment on the '15's as I haven't driven one yet.

The new 5.0 V8 in the '15 makes more power than the 3.5 EcoBoost. It also gets better mpg. The EcoBoost has low turbo lag compared to my Duramax, but it's still there and it's still annoying.

My '12 and '13 EcoBoost F150s had 3.73 and 3.31 gears respectively, and averaged 15 and 18 mpg, again respectively. Both were 4x4 crew cab short bed and neither ever got close to the EPA estimates on fuel economy. Even when you really, really tried on the highway, they were a few points off the 21mpg on the window sticker.

While the EcoBoost may sound cool on paper, it's not so good in execution. It's not much quicker than the 5.0 (now it certainly is not), and it's no more fuel efficient. Put a trailer behind it and the mpg numbers are single digit. Pretty pathetic for a drivetrain which was marketed as the best for towing. Not to mention the price premium to get the EcoBoost.

No more EcoBoost for me. But with all that said, I still have my '13 and it has 105k miles on it. Not a single problem with it. My '12 was in the shop 6 times in the first year though, half of which were for major engine issues related to the throttle body.

Last edited:

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Just read about a 14 Eco w a seized motor, on local motorcycle forum

He did have a light tune on it

My in laws pull a combine header w/ their eco, they said it pills better then there hemi did

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Just read about a 14 Eco w a seized motor, on local motorcycle forum

He did have a light tune on it

My in laws pull a combine header w/ their eco, they said it pills better then there hemi did

The 5.0 you got would pull better and is the better truck. $0.02

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gearhead_Gunsmith