Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    2015 F150 Platinum, V8

28c1x04.jpg

293bwjs.jpg

34e7248.jpg

can even fit in garage amongst kids toys/toolboxes/motorcycle and Mazdaspeed3

15fnf9s.jpg

weathertech floorliners ordered

next weekend:
    ceramic tint
    clear bra
    whole ft windshield tint

told the wife i wouldn't "mod" beyond that, lol
    Target Sports

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Nice. I don't see any 4x4 badges though........

I haven't gotten used to the new front ends yet. Sometimes they take a bit to grow on me.

They are all aluminum frames now, correct?

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    The body is aluminum, frame is still steel. On avg it loses 700lbs.

Nice truck, should've gotten a 4x4 though. ;)

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    weathertech floorliners ordered

next weekend:
    ceramic tint
    clear bra
    whole ft windshield tint

told the wife i wouldn't "mod" beyond that, lol

have you used the clear bras before? on the long term i think they're more hassle than they're worth. also, get a spray in bedliner.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    have you used the clear bras before? on the long term i think they're more hassle than they're worth. also, get a spray in bedliner.

I woulda had the tint, bed liner, floor mats, bra...rolled into the deal. With the dealership being on the hook for warranty.

The dealership usually uses a local shop that cuts them a deal on accessories. It's not cheap, but being rolled into the deal, you're financing the little extras. Which means one or two payments more with the dealership laying the fear of God down if they install the stuff wrong.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Dealer installed bedliners suck. They put in the thinnest, cheapest shit possible

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Then tell them you want it thick or you're express your dissatisfaction on the survey. Those surveys are how the makers keep the dealerships in line. It's also effects monies the makers give the dealerships as an incentive to keep customers happy.

That's why the salesman tells you if you don't mark the survey 100%. Before you mail it off, let them know so they correct whatever.

Nail a survey and most likely the salesman will be fired, the sales manager smoked, and the general manager gets to explain why his people ain't doing it right.

All over a thin bed liner? Nah, they'll spray it 1/2" deep just to shut you up and get a perfect survey.

Last edited:

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    All that over a bedliner? I will get my preferred brand sprayed to my preferred thickness at my preferred shop. I'm not gonna fight with a salesman over it for a few bucks.

The problem these days is all the trucks worth buying already have a bedliner sprayed in as a $600 dealer option.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's all a negotiation. Not a fight.

For every 10 customers, there are maybe 7 that think the bed liner sprayed in truck is the bee's knees.

You have different taste. Pick your shop, pick your brand of liner, pick how and where you want it. If you'll buy the truck, they'll make it happen.

It's unbelievable the level of competition dealerships run at. Take Mac haik in Temple. A slow day is 15-20 cars/trucks a day. Weekends, in one day, can be 45+.

One of your hot spots is a bed liner. A good salesman already has a plan to make it happen as you finish your last breath saying it. Fixing the bed liner issues closes a door to the box. When there's no more doors open, the vehicle has no more excuses not to be sold.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    warranty.

It's considered a dealer installed option. Say you had a bed liner sprayed in your brand new shiny truck. Local shop.

Let's say it starts to peel of flak under the local shops warranty. There's two things to look at if it does. What they're gonna do to repair it and will it effect my factory warranty? Modern car makers use a very specific body prep to avoid rust and paint quality of a known thickness. Is the shop at least certified/approved through Ford to fix it? Read the fine print of vehicle warranties. It gets deep. Third party repairs void a lot stuff. The repair has to be right. If it is, no problems.

The second thing, what happens if they go out of business during the warranty? You have a lot better chances the dealership will not be.

Third, you can bet the dealership has more resources in getting accessories you want. Installed by maker approved and certified auto technicians.

4th, if you want a grill guard. All stainless, Ranch hand brand. Mac daddy cow catcher. You can pull the money out of your pocket to pay for it or you can roll it into the deal. Financing it instead. Which means you have room to buy the grill guard you really want. Not the one that matches the money in your pocket.

Just buy the Damn truck already Savage. Lol...low low payments.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Lol, I'd steer you into a lease. Enough down payment, it's cheaper. Good known residual valve.

You're taking a depreciation hit buying out right. With a lease, you'll know what it's worth by the end of the contract. You'll also always be riding in a low mileage car. Practically completely covered by warranty.

Early turn ins. Upgrade to the new model.

Lease is the way to go.

Top Bottom