• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I‘m starting to question if the take rate on the vax is as high as they are reporting it is. I’ve read reports stating anywhere between 70-80% are vaxxed, but their desperation to push the shot seems almost in panic mode. I really do wonder if they are reporting a higher percentage of takers as a way to convince those who are on the fence to take the jab. I mean, just from what I read on the forums I‘m a member of, comments sections of news articles, and feedback from friends and family, my thought is that the take rate is more like 50-60%.
    Certainly I believe they conflate the numbers to make those who haven't gotten vaxxed feel as if they are in a smaller minority. But in looking to control the lives in a country of 330 million, even 20% - 30% could mount a very large partisan fighting force. Through mandating incrementally their hope is having the average Joe turning in those unvaxxed to reduce those numbers further. That is starting to happen now, and although it's not yet happening in Texas, I wish I could say it wouldn't happen here.
    Hurley's Gold

Reactions: gll

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    There's a thing circulating around talking about using Betadine up the nose and gargling to kill the virus in the nose. Seems like it would be worth the effort.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I‘m starting to question if the take rate on the vax is as high as they are reporting it is. I’ve read reports stating anywhere between 70-80% are vaxxed, but their desperation to push the shot seems almost in panic mode. I really do wonder if they are reporting a higher percentage of takers as a way to convince those who are on the fence to take the jab. I mean, just from what I read on the forums I‘m a member of, comments sections of news articles, and feedback from friends and family, my thought is that the take rate is more like 50-60%.

Surveying my immediate acquaintances, neighbors, coworkers, life group members etc, my guess would be 95%. Myself, My wife, mother at 97, daughter, son in law, and 3 coworkers are all I know that haven’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I think it's as high as they say it is, but the delta (lol) to convince the rest of us is gonna be pretty steep.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Since it's not much more than 50 50 folks are done. Especially those who got it in spite of getting vaxxed.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    This is interesting…

b6ffc99227ec32089d38b2db293ae9ad.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This latest variant seems to be getting a lot of people, but with no serious effects. Everyone I know is just a little under the weather and is back to normal in a few days.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    This variant could be a blessing
    I hope you are right, but I think it really hard to interpret the data. A really big percent of the population has either had vaccine or had covid. Our internal % positivity on our testing went from 5% to 24% in one week. I’m told only 40% of our current infections are omicron. Hopefully the next 2-3 weeks don’t turn into a shit show. Staffing will certainly be a big issue.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    T42,

So, are you a 'true believer' - you know, keep on getting vaxxed and believe the stats on c-19 - if you are ok by me - fiction is entertaining.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    He has been wrong on everything else, so I don't expect anything different now.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I think he needs to just shut up and hope everyone forgets the BS he's been spinning. Never seen someone dig a hole so deep that it hasn't buried him, yet many people still follow on his every word.

Top Bottom