• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I‘m starting to question if the take rate on the vax is as high as they are reporting it is. I’ve read reports stating anywhere between 70-80% are vaxxed, but their desperation to push the shot seems almost in panic mode. I really do wonder if they are reporting a higher percentage of takers as a way to convince those who are on the fence to take the jab. I mean, just from what I read on the forums I‘m a member of, comments sections of news articles, and feedback from friends and family, my thought is that the take rate is more like 50-60%.
    You may want to read this.
    Turns out , it is a pandemic of MFP.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    ...and please, stop calling this colossal miasma of fk-ups an 'administration'.

It's many, many things, but it's not an 'administration' - an utter world wide embarrassment of incompetents certainly, or a group of un-vetted laughingstock's, a shitload of confused American marxists, but whatever you call em, understand they're the best democrats can muster...in other words, utter failures.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    ...and please, stop calling this colossal miasma of fk-ups an 'administration'.

It's many, many things, but it's not an 'administration' - an utter world wide embarrassment of incompetents certainly, or a group of un-vetted laughingstock's, a shitload of confused American marxists, but whatever you call em, understand they're the best democrats can muster...in other words, utter failures.
    Like it or not, it is what it is. I don't call it an administration out of respect. Just like I have to admit that Joe Biden is the president, whether I believe he's presidential or not. And believe me, I do not.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Like it or not, it is what it is. I don't call it an administration out of respect. Just like I have to admit that Joe Biden is the president, whether I believe he's presidential or not. And believe me, I do not.

Just because he was appointed by Congress to occupy the seat instead of addressing the voter fraud issues does not give his "presidency" any legitimacy.....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just because he was appointed by Congress to occupy the seat instead of addressing the voter fraud issues does not give his "presidency" any legitimacy.....
    I said nothing about legitimacy. I'd be happy if he was unseated. I just don't think that's going to happen.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    er,

My rant was not directed at you.

I was venting in general.

Now, bidet (per the idiots controlling him) is threatening putin with so-called 'severe' sanctions, whatever that means...

The cherry on top of this overall mess they've (his handlers) gotten the U.S. into will possibly be the end of us in a nuclear holocaust.

Just great, eh?

Reactions: gll

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    T42,

So, are you a 'true believer' - you know, keep on getting vaxxed and believe the stats on c-19 - if you are ok by me - fiction is entertaining.

I guess as a practicing physician who has taken care of patients with COVID 19 for a year and a half, I’m entitled to my own Fiction. Don’t bug me about it. :) I am aware of the stats of the healthcare system I work for as well.

Speaking of fiction started reading Dune this year, too. Trying to read it before going to see the new one in the theaters.

Happy New Year!

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Son's family got latest round of covid, daughters' did too. Youngest GS got it, is going to get EKG tomorrow as he stated getting chest pains last nite. His mom got him one shot, at the recommendation of his doc. Buggers.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Speaking of fiction started reading Dune this year, too. Trying to read it before going to see the new one in the theaters.
    I don't know about that. If you've read the book, you will find irritating omissions in the theater. Also, the movie covers so much, so fast, that after reading the book it all seems rushed.

That said, it doesn't matter in which order you partake, really. Both are worthwhile.

When I was a kid, Dune was impenetrable to me. I tried to read it a half-dozen times and failed. I'd get as much as 50 pages in and nothing made sense. Then one day when I was about 16, it opened up to me in a marvelous way. I started the book on a Friday evening and went straight through it in one weekend.

I guess by that age, I had reached a level of maturity where I unconsciously understood and could mentally process the fact that it wasn't a science fiction book. It was a book about politics...in a science fiction setting.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't know about that. If you've read the book, you will find irritating omissions in the theater. Also, the movie covers so much, so fast, that after reading the book it all seems rushed.
    That's how I felt about the first movie 'Dune'. I had read the book many years before the first movie came out, and had to explain events to those that hadn't read it. The made for TV mini series that came out in 2000 did a much better job, but then it made it about 5 or 6 hours long.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Some hospitals are so hard up for staff they will be allowed to have staff with covid work the covid wards. Kid you not.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Even though Dr. Fauci admits that the fully vaccinated and boostered are getting 'breakthrough' covid infections, his advice? The vaccinated should distance themselves from the unvaccinated. Really? Although it has been shown that vaccinated are also passing it on to other vaccinated, his advice is division of the populace. Hmmm, why am I not surprised?

Divide and conquer comes to mind.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    da fooch is a self aggrandizing monster that should be promptly fired and banished/exiled to Elba Island as his Napoleonic grandiosity qualifies where that pompous prick should remain for the rest of his miserable life...

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    da fooch is a self aggrandizing monster that should be promptly fired and banished/exiled to Elba Island as his Napoleonic grandiosity qualifies where that pompous prick should remain for the rest of his miserable life...
    Nah. All of your suggestions are too good for the creep.
    Only jail time will do.

Top Bottom