• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    I've been thinking about an integrally-suppressed 10/22 for awhile. This one looks pretty good on paper.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I thought the same thing. I felt the YHM were too expensive. I liked everything about the the HTA product, except the stainless finish. If I had to spend extra $$ to refinish the barrel, then not sure that was worth it. The HTA appears to be the best warranty/customer service of the 3. I chose Gemtech because I got to play with some of the at SHOT this year. I've read some people talk about bad customer service experiences with Gemtech, but my limited interactions with them have all been positive. I'll update this thread once my stamp has been approved.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I am thinking that you could probably do the same thing with an AR. Use a pistol length system, and weld the baffles on the end until you make the minimum requirement of 16 inches. That way the upper is not married to a particular lower. Can't see it appealing to the majority of shooters, but a few might like that route.

IIRC Texas Tri-Pods and Feeders in Spring has an integral 10-22 suppressed barrel in their showcase.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am thinking that you could probably do the same thing with an AR. Use a pistol length system, and weld the baffles on the end until you make the minimum requirement of 16 inches. That way the upper is not married to a particular lower. Can't see it appealing to the majority of shooters, but a few might like that route.

IIRC Texas Tri-Pods and Feeders in Spring has an integral 10-22 suppressed barrel in their showcase.

Never heard of them, thanks..

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Well Thanx Scott. Now let's see...... Ruger 10/22- 200$, Gemtech Mist- 500$, Taxstamp- 200$, Trust- 125$ Hmmmmm. Nope I'll wait for my Gemtech mist. So I don't get to take it apart, I can live with that. :usflag: Besides you'd have to add another 200$ taxstamp on top of the AWC price. :spank:

Last edited:

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Yeah AWC seems quite proud of their creations. All of their integral suppressed weapons, whether its a mark2 pistol or 77/22 rifle or 10/22 takedown, seem to be priced at $1850. I'd rather have the Mist as well and still glad I made that choice.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Ice/Snow kept me inside and finally finished the Ruger 96/22 Integral, adding second notch to MIST BBL:

IMG_1152_zps5uqikhdq.gif

Top Bottom