• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    My buddy sent me a link to this one last night and I really like the design of it. Especially that theylk swap twists for you or cut a new barrel for you later on if you wanted tk put it on a savage or cz. The tuneable three port design is awesome too. I was looking at the thompson machine integral but this one is hundreds cheaper and has a badass warranty. In the video he says they will be making one for the takedown model so I'll wait til they come out with that one as my takedown isnt a threaded model.
    Huntertown Arms - Suppressors for everyone - warrantied beyond life
    Venture Surplus ad

Codemonkey001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Dallas
    I would sell your take down, Ruger is producing a threaded version of the Take Down 10/22. I've considered getting an integral before but just couldn't commit. If OAL of the rifle with a suppressor is your concern, have to seen the TacSol SB-X barrels? I have one and love it. It's super light and plenty accurate. I shot it at a bowling pin match and have hit rabbits with it at 200yrds.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Code, the big benefit of the quality integrals is the ported barrel so you can shoot bulk pack ammo but it still be subsonic. So you can plink quiet for cheap. Ive seen that abomination of a barrel tacsol sells, I wouldnt be caught dead with that ugly thing. Not to mention this integral is only about a 100 bucks more expensive and a much better setup. Ive already got a sparrow coming to cover my other rimfire needs.

A few months ago I found that video on youtube and emailed aac. They didnt give me an answer as to why only that they never brought it to market. Didnt make much sense to me. Its a great idea in my opinion.

Codemonkey001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Dallas
    The reason why AAC didn't let it hit the market is because they couldn't get it to reliably slow down supersonic rounds to subsonic speeds. It's not very easy to do, and when you're shooting in a bucket, the distance isn't long enough to get the sonic crack. I don't have any Huntertown cans but my friend does and I can tell you the dealer pricing he got for the cans (not anything integral) was 1/2 of MSRP. That's dirt cheap stuff.
    The TacSol shroud isn't the greatest but none if the 11.5" AR's with 5" flash Suppressors either. To each his own. Another option is Liberty, they make one as well.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Be sure you're pronouncing this correctly.

In teeeeeeeeeee gral.

Sorry, inside joke between me and a couple others on here.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The reason why AAC didn't let it hit the market is because they couldn't get it to reliably slow down supersonic rounds to subsonic speeds. It's not very easy to do, and when you're shooting in a bucket, the distance isn't long enough to get the sonic crack. I don't have any Huntertown cans but my friend does and I can tell you the dealer pricing he got for the cans (not anything integral) was 1/2 of MSRP. That's dirt cheap stuff.
    The TacSol shroud isn't the greatest but none if the 11.5" AR's with 5" flash Suppressors either. To each his own. Another option is Liberty, they make one as well.

If I remember right the aac had three ports around the same circumference and not in a line like the hunterstown. Im in the big city of lagrange so my phone doesnt have a good enough data signal to watch the aac video.

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    Their "at one tax stamp" statement makes no sense. Barrel is 16.5" and even if it was say 14" barrel is irrelevant with an SBR as the receiver is what is registered. I like the idea of a integrally suppressed 10/22 but $449 for the barrel +$200 for the stamp. Meh, I went $200 for an Outback 22 can, $200 for the stamp and can run it on any of my 22's. To each their own I guess.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Their "at one tax stamp" statement makes no sense. Barrel is 16.5" and even if it was say 14" barrel is irrelevant with an SBR as the receiver is what is registered. I like the idea of a integrally suppressed 10/22 but $449 for the barrel +$200 for the stamp. Meh, I went $200 for an Outback 22 can, $200 for the stamp and can run it on any of my 22's. To each their own I guess.
    You missed the point of this setup. This barrel is only 16" long AND suppressed. Any other setup would be 16" + the length of your suppressor. The only other way to have a 16" suppressed system would be to have a barrel shortened the length of your suppressor to equal the same length package. So while the receiver is stamped in an SBR its the barrel length that makes it an SBR which is what this thread is about. A suppressed barrel. Not to mention that is MSRP and will have a street price around 300 AND you can shoot bulk pack ammo and still stay subsonic. It wont take long to make up the difference in a regular suppressor and this one with the cost savings usings bulk pack over pricey subs.

Your outback cant make a 16" long barrel system and it cant keep bulk pack ammo subsonic. Integrals arent for someones first suppressor buy, mine was a sparrow, so I could switch it between hosts but to myself and many others an integral that can shoot bulk pack ammo all day is appealing. As is a compact package. Your stated price for your outback is a bit misleading as its not one of the top tier cans, so its not really fair to state a price against a system that is totally different not to mention it carries the best warranty in the industry. The MSRP of your outback is less than 100 bucks difference than this one. Ive got a takedown 10/22 and will be picking up one of these barrels for it once they come out as the features this system has is appealing to myself and many others. No big deal if its not to you.

tad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    weslaco
    If you can find one at anyclass 3 dealer I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Urbach 10/22 integral...Murray has since gone out of production but he new what he was doing when he made them!!

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    That looks a lot like what Sig did with the long time coming MPX. Sig still has not been able to bring theirs to market. However theirs does not ship with the tube that covers the barrel
    I like this design, but I don't know if I would spend the money when a Sparrow does an equally good job and is portable between weapons...

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I like this design, but I don't know if I would spend the money when a Sparrow does an equally good job and is portable between weapons...

I will repeat what 1slow said earlier. We both already have thread on suppressors. The biggest draw to this setup is a) the ported barrel makes bulk 22 ammo stay subsonic; b) it's like having an SBR without having an SBR, if you know what I mean; and c) it looks really cool!!!

Top Bottom