• ...and so much more!
  • texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.

The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral's mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist - Iraq | War | Map - FOXNews.com

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. Another three SEALs — two officers and an enlisted sailor — have been identified by investigators as witnesses but have not been charged.

FoxNews.com obtained the official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad.

The SEAL told investigators he had showered after the mission, gone to the kitchen and then decided to look in on the detainee.

"I gave the detainee a glance over and then left," the SEAL wrote. "I did not notice anything wrong with the detainee and he appeared in good health."

Lt. Col. Holly Silkman, spokeswoman for the special operations component of U.S. Central Command, confirmed Tuesday to FoxNews.com that three SEALs have been charged in connection with the capture of a detainee. She said their court martial is scheduled for January.

United States Central Command declined to discuss the detainee, but a legal source told FoxNews.com that the detainee was turned over to Iraqi authorities, to whom he made the abuse complaints. He was then returned to American custody. The SEAL leader reported the charge up the chain of command, and an investigation ensued.

The source said intelligence briefings provided to the SEALs stated that "Objective Amber" planned the 2004 Fallujah ambush, and "they had been tracking this guy for some time."

The Fallujah atrocity came to symbolize the brutality of the enemy in Iraq and the degree to which a homegrown insurgency was extending its grip over Iraq.

The four Blackwater agents were transporting supplies for a catering company when they were ambushed and killed by gunfire and grenades. Insurgents burned the bodies and dragged them through the city. They hanged two of the bodies on a bridge over the Euphrates River for the world press to photograph.

Intelligence sources identified Abed as the ringleader, but he had evaded capture until September.

The military is sensitive to charges of detainee abuse highlighted in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. The Navy charged four SEALs with abuse in 2004 in connection with detainee treatment.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    This is the same bullshit, no, chickenshit, corporate style, politically correct military bureaucracy mindset that gave us Major Hasan.

Our military is suffering from the emphasis on quotas, "fairness", multi-culturalism and general weakness that has removed the emphasis in both the Academies and Service School from creating warriors and given us far too many weenies that can't pour shit out of a boot when the instructions are written on the heel.

Jeff B.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Wow, when political correctness and related B.S. government policies have got SOCOM on the run, it's all over folks! Unbelievable! I can't wait to hear what Hawg has to say.

:(

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Wow, when political correctness and related B.S. government policies have got SOCOM on the run, it's all over folks! Unbelievable! I can't wait to hear what Hawg has to say.

Political BS has had SOCOM on the run for years already. Friend of mine in the Special Forces has had plenty to say in that regard. Some of the stuff he has told me is down right sickening.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    TD, I am at a loss. Truly anything I write on this subject could be used against me. I have such profound respect for our men and women who serve and I am deeply saddened for them. An election won't change this insanity my friends.

atticus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    West Texas
    To normal people, this is outrageous. But we do not have a normal person as commander-in-chief, nor are those in the chain of command normal officers. They are leftist touchy-feely types who are in it for personal promotion. If these SEALS' commanders had any balls, they would have resigned rather than bring charges against these men. Blame the commander in chief, and his minions. Blame the wacky political system and commanders that allow our forces in Afghanistan to be shackled by suicidal rules of engagement. We lost 4 marines a couple of months ago due to the rules of engement - the men radioed at least 3 times for artillery support, and their commanders denied it. No air cover was provided. The reason? The shells might fall on a village. But that is a lie - the marines on the ground asked only for a bombardment on a ridge above the village. The result? The marines were slaughtered. It will continue. More Americans will be chewed up in the meat grinder that prevents them from shooting their weapons until they are fired upon (and other ridiculous rules). Blame this commander in chief, and the senior officers who are unwilling to resign. Blame this country for electing this president. And weep for the American dream that was great, but is dying.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    This is such crap, pretty soon our men and women who have sworn to do their duty will be completely backed against the wall. If you can't understand that someone will die or be hurt in a war-time op trying to capture someone who thier main purpose is terrorizing and killing innocent people then these tuckfards (those pursuing charges) need to find a new line of work.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    And so it goes... Asshats like Ahmed Hashim who have committed hienous terroistict acts against US citizens are given extraordinary protection of their "rights" and our elite fighting troups are subjected to ridicule and court battles for an alleged punch in the lip. (if they even did that outside the bounds of a capture struggle) No friggen wonder we are taking so long and loosing so many soldiers in these middle east conflicts.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    People who have never been to war do not understand the mind set of a battle field plus do not want to think in PC America that soldiers in fact must hate an enemy to kill and when you see fellow soldiers shot, cut and mutilated it is very tough to be PC in war. While I believe we must hold high standards we also must remember battlefields are not the streets of America. I think our government is walking a thin line here where in the future it will become impossible to retain soldiers. I certainly would not go under the present political climate.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    To normal people, this is outrageous. But we do not have a normal person as commander-in-chief, nor are those in the chain of command normal officers. They are leftist touchy-feely types who are in it for personal promotion. If these SEALS' commanders had any balls, they would have resigned rather than bring charges against these men. Blame the commander in chief, and his minions. Blame the wacky political system and commanders that allow our forces in Afghanistan to be shackled by suicidal rules of engagement. We lost 4 marines a couple of months ago due to the rules of engement - the men radioed at least 3 times for artillery support, and their commanders denied it. No air cover was provided. The reason? The shells might fall on a village. But that is a lie - the marines on the ground asked only for a bombardment on a ridge above the village. The result? The marines were slaughtered. It will continue. More Americans will be chewed up in the meat grinder that prevents them from shooting their weapons until they are fired upon (and other ridiculous rules). Blame this commander in chief, and the senior officers who are unwilling to resign. Blame this country for electing this president. And weep for the American dream that was great, but is dying.

The political war started well before Obama's tenure in office. It was an unpopular war many years ago, and thus it was OK to sacrifice a few Marines to improve the image of the war back home. We are killing our own boys and girls for the sake of feeling good and appeasing the peanut gallery.

Medivacs don't fly into hot LZs, and they won't lift off until you've disengaged contact. Medivacs are hard to get, and transport in general is a cluster. People die waiting for the medivacs to get clearance to land or lift off. All of the officers are lawyered up with the JAG corp, and don't mind screwing a fellow soldier to save their ass. These are the things a guy I know in the Special Forces is telling me. That's the Special Forces, imagine what it's like for Joe P. Public in the random other "lesser" units.

I personally think we should be sending our politicians to fight, they seem to be willing to screw over anything to get their way. Give them an M4 and some ACUs.

The first thing we can do is to remove the media glory hounds from the battlefield. If you aren't combat personnel then you have no place on a battlefield. I liked watching the battles for Fallujah and other places when they were live on TV, but honestly I would give up any of that to have the chance to save a single fellow American.

Top Bottom