• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I agree but none of us have ever experienced having to "prep". I make sure we always have at least 24 gallons of water and lots of protein like black beans, fish like canned mackerel and tuna, some canned soups. But hell, how long are we supposed to live on all that ? Is best we never have to find out because if and when it happens, we won't be able to process it physically, mentally or emotionally.
    And all the people who live within reach of you will be facing the same thing.
    Capitol Armory ad

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Excellent post. Forgive me for chopping it up -

I've seen some of these "expert preppers" put to the test, and failing miserably!

Most have never exercised the vast majority of their plan, if they even really have one; and have no idea of any vulnerabilities or shortfalls they may contain.
    Exactly. I had to prep for months of being snowbound - the first year was a priceless learning experience; the second year was better. Granted, the only 'dangers' coming my way were weather, mountain cats and coyotes...and I luckily suffered no major injuries which would have killed me.

Secondly, most preppers I've encountered are badly out of shape and/or overweight.

Thirdly, most have no real long-term sustainment built into their plans. 50-60 days worth of food really isn't going to make much of an impact, and given the above observation, it will likely go quicker than they realize.

Case in point, during the five days without power and water in San Antonio during the winter storm of February 2021, a significant portion of the population was running out of food and water.
    Yep. It's not possible to store a life-time of food. Or fuel. Eventually, you run out. Then whatcha gonna do? Hmmm?

Lastly, and there are probably a lot more factors which will lead to the failure of these individuals, the vast majority of these preppers do not possess the required skills necessary for survive for any significant period of time.
    That ^^ is the big one. Skills over 'stuff', every time.

Oh, and most likely, they individuals will be overconfident in their perceived abilities and due to their poor OPSEC will be some of the first targets of those who truly understand the situation and how to deal with it!
    Understated, imo. Especially for those who live in heavily populated areas. When the hordes get really hungry, and likely before then cause they'll see what's coming too, I doubt they'll go 'shopping' in their own neighborhoods. Regardless of how good one's plan, stored food or OPSEC is, it will be hard to fend off a large number of armed hood-rats going house to house pre-emptively gathering food/supplies.

To be fair, if something of truly apocalyptic level occurs, 99.9% of the population won't survive it so it's all a moot point and waste of time and money. I'll just enjoy what little time I have left on this earth, be it another day or another couple of decades, and not worry about such nonsense...

We're with you on that. We've done what we can, and now whatever comes, comes...and it will be okay. :)

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    What will preppers do when family and friends come begging for food?
    giphy.gif
    :roflfunny::roflfunny::roflfunny:

Top Bottom