• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It will do 60 and 50-60 is a fairly comfortable cruising speed. It actually rides pretty well given it's size and tires and lack of any comfort measures.

I have read about simple mods to get them up to almost 80 mph but I am not going that route just yet. I just want to drive it how it is for a while. I have a few things to work on before I even think about any modifications. Well, besides some door locks and an ignition key.

And yeah, it isn't a dragster. I did smoke a semi off the line but I am not sure he knew we were "racing", to use the term loosely.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Awesome! Your neighbors will love you now.

Hellz yeah! Get your camo chairs out and sit in them wearing your wife beater drinking a Shiner while hanging some American flags from that bad boy! j/k

Are you going to bob the rear axle?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Hellz yeah! Get your camo chairs out and sit in them wearing your wife beater drinking a Shiner while hanging some American flags from that bad boy! j/k

Are you going to bob the rear axle?
    No plans to bob it at this point. It would be more streetable but less awesome IMO. For my needs I am going to leave it as is for now.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Anyone here ever been involved in testing the Duce n half or 5 Ton for acceptance?

While I was not directly involved I worked in R&D and we had all kinds of stuff going on. The truck testing was on a unimproved dirt road built for the test. I had one of my guys involved as a driver. More fun to not be involved and just get daily SITREPS. They drive the truck around and around like they stole it from the Soprano's. GOOD GRIEF, its brutal. When it breaks in swarms a team to analyze and repair and it takes off again. Its a 24x7 job. IIRC there are 6 drivers who split it up and they beat the living daylights out of those things.

Forgot the standard for the 5 Ton, but on the Duce it had to average 15 mph cross country on unpaved roads carrying MAX load.

As you now have one, meca for parts and stuff is just outside Texarkana Tex. Red River Army Depot is the (or was) the Depot support and can location for the trucks. Most are sold to local surplus houses in Texarkana, New Boston, Hooks and various towns around RRAD. Google is your friend.

oh man that sounds like fun...

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Dawico,
    Next time I pass through Lampasas, I must see it and meet you. I go through on the way to Denton when visiting my daughter and her family .
    You are more than welcome to stop by anytime I am home. As are any other members.

The problem is just me being home. Work has been busy.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    You are more than welcome to stop by anytime I am home. As are any other members.

The problem is just me being home. Work has been busy.
    Thanks! Plans to go North around here are made, changed, made, changed, written in stone, changed and then changed to a definite maybe. I would certainly contact you through this forum long before the changes get even close.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    A little comparison shot with my wife's 4x4 Pathfinder. It is that big.

3cced001bed5768bcbb0e41bd55b6aaa.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Don't forget to drain your air tanks this winter. Ice in the lines is bad, M'kay.

Top Bottom