• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Buick had it going on for a while. I drove a Grand National for a while and nearly killed myself a few times.

A friend of mine had a grand nat t-type and it was INSANE! Not much was stock. I remember a time we were dragging a Camaro and we let them go first because we knew we were going to smoke em. The rear diff blew out in the Buick and we awere accelerating so fast, we rolled past the Camarao that was still gunning it. LOL

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Oh, that is an issue you don't have with disc... Sorry dude. I have a fleet of 27 trucks, and if one comes in with drums, they are going to discs...1967 - 2001

after that, all of ours have 4 wheel disc.

Drum brakes have a failure rate that is not exceptable.

edit: I know I spelled that wrong

Incorrect linings is still a problem with discs, trust me.

If you keep the brakes adjusted properly and the hydraulics flushed so that the cylinders don't wind up leaking, there's not really anything wrong with drums. In either case, the single piston master is the most dangerous part of that brake system's design. Lose pressure at one wheel, you're screwed.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Last I checked, big rigs stopped just fine with drum brakes. But hey, people like to spend money...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Last I checked, big rigs stopped just fine with drum brakes. But hey, people like to spend money...

LOL! Good point.

On cars, discs are best at shedding water and dissipating heat. The first one isn't a real huge issue, and the second one is only an issue if you plan on road racing your vehicle.

Top Bottom