• ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read and watch more at AmmoLand blog

In this article, we’ll explore the most common AR-15 malfunctions, such as failure to feed, failure to eject, and double feeds, along with practical tips on addressing each one. These troubleshooting techniques can help ensure your rifle operates smoothly, reducing downtime and keeping you target focused. Always remember to prioritize safety when diagnosing and clearing any firearm malfunction.

(I had the problems with my AR-15 discussed in article and decided to send the rifle (still under warranty) back to mfg to fix. Shoots just fine now).

Attachments

• common-ar15-malfunctions-600x450.jpg
      common-ar15-malfunctions-600x450.jpg
      30.9 KB · Views: 16

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Some good tips.

Biggest cause of failures I've seen at the range regarding AR's is running dry- especially new rifles.

I kept a syringe loaded with Mobil 1 and had to use it regularly.

View attachment 478803

Good idea to bring the lube. I agree having one's gun properly lubricated. I have noted there is quite the discussion on where and how much. What say you?

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Good idea to bring the lube. I agree having one's gun properly lubricated. I have noted there is quite the discussion on where and how much. What say you?
    AR's like to run wet- you can see the notch in the bolt where it rides in lower and tiny drop on cam by bolt head, on top of bolt where it resets the trigger. Drop where the buffer rides, tiny drop on hammer pivot pin, tiny drop on charging handle sliding part.

If you fire few times, you will see where it has rub marks.

Top Bottom