• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've mentioned cat problems before, even have one on my driveway camera video on the hood of my truck last week, climbing up the windshield to get on its roof.

So, this morning I opened up the back door only to see a black cat climbing up the fence to get out of my backyard.

I feed birds, so I figure it is hunting them.

How do I keep fucking cats out of my backyard.
    Gun Zone Deals

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Good plan.
    Quit doing something I enjoy in order to keep the neighborhood cats out of my backyard.

They still climb on my truck, and shit in my flowerbeds.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    raccoon trap a few cans of cat food and a blanket.

Cat enters trap toss blanket over trap. place trap in back of vehicle. Drive 15 miles set trap on ground open door.

repeat as needed till your uncivilized neighbors learn to keep there cats on there property just like any other pet.

Or if you want to risk trouble. An air gun or 22 with silencer and it will go quicker. Just have to dispose of the dead animal over live. And Even as much as I hate cats I don't think I would shoot them unless they were a danger to my animals.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Good plan. Quit doing something I enjoy in order to keep the neighborhood cats out of my backyard. They still climb on my truck, and shit in my flowerbeds.
    Don't know about The Woodlands, but in Austin it is illegal to let your cats run free.
    Try calling animal control.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Don't know about The Woodlands, but in Austin it is illegal to let your cats run free.
    Try calling animal control.
    Here they will loan you a trap and get the cats when you call them.

They don't try to catch them themselves. They will catch dogs though.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    raccoon trap a few cans of cat food and a blanket.

Cat enters trap toss blanket over trap. place trap in back of vehicle. Drive 15 miles set trap on ground open door.

repeat as needed till your uncivilized neighbors learn to keep there cats on there property just like any other pet.

Or if you want to risk trouble. An air gun or 22 with silencer and it will go quicker. Just have to dispose of the dead animal over live. And Even as much as I hate cats I don't think I would shoot them unless they were a danger to my animals.

I have a Hav-a-hart trap I used for Raccoons in my attic.
    I dispatched them in the method you state (.22 and can), but I really hated doing it. I no longer have any desire to kill animals, but I didn't want them coming back.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Had an old neighbor lady who fed animals, including a couple of feral cats. Didn’t take me long to get tired of them taking a dump on my driveway. They had to go. I made a “live trap” out of scrap wood and chicken wire. Hauled them off six or seven miles across town - never saw them again.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Had an old neighbor lady who fed animals, including a couple of feral cats. Didn’t take me long to get tired of them taking a dump on my driveway. They had to go. I made a “live trap” out of scrap wood and chicken wire. Hauled them off six or seven miles across town - never saw them again.

It's just a shame that these cat lovers don't care enough about their cats to keep them indoors.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    That is only because they found something better, LOL!

Exactly! We lived out in the county so I intentionally took them to a more built up location where the pickens would be better. Also made sure they would’ve had to cross a river and a couple major highways to get back!

A couple weeks later, old neighbor lady told me see hadn’t seen those old cats around. She asked me did I think the coyotes had gotten them. I told her, that’s always a possibility.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom