• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    I'm pretty sure that Chevron owns it. It's right outside of town and that's where everyone in town goes. As long as you clean up after yourself nobody cares.
    Gun Zone Deals

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Haha, noise makers. Those precision bull barrels are way louder than my 16" w flah hider barrel. Although it is nice to bring out the svt 40 giggles.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm pretty sure that Chevron owns it. It's right outside of town and that's where everyone in town goes. As long as you clean up after yourself nobody cares.

If we're talking about the same pit, several people I know and myself included were run out of their by a couple of sheriff deputies. I've never been back since.

mag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    The point was if you like shooting in gravel pits , match shooting may not interest you , not that you should not shoot in pits . The club does not offer that kind of shooting . Our club makes it possible for people in Lubbock to be able to use the range , it has nothing to do with any owner's private group of friends . We shoot a different type of match each sunday , then have a few hours left for the shooters to test new loads , sight in rifles , or practice . Our military match is for rifles like the svt-40 . By the way, the owner is really a nice guy and easy to work with . He has helped with lots of improvements .

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    It's a shame Rustic Range has gone so far down hill. It used to be a great place to shoot.

When I'd be out there visiting with my son we'd have a great time together spending the day shooting and then shooting some more.

On top of that there were always nice folks to talk with during the pauses....looks like that's over with too. Shame.
    Most all people out there don't have shitty attitudes. Must be a transplant. Act like that around the wrong people out there and you will be in for an attitude adjustment rather quickly.

shootnscoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Lubbock
    All noise! no content or relevance!
    (like some of the shooting mentioned I guess)

If you dont have any skin in the game, why do you waste your time bad mouthing things that are not your concern anyway?
    Directed at the guys with their own little "tresspassing" passtimes and guys who dont live near Lbb.

I dont currently shoot out at rustic I am glad to hear there is some opportunities opening up in lubbock again. Those that are local, lets go out and shoot with them. After that you are free to offer your opinion and not look like a whiner. I plan to give the "new" game a chance as soon as possible.

have a good one

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX

If you dont have any skin in the game, why do you waste your time bad mouthing things that are not your concern anyway?
    Directed at the guys with their own little "tresspassing" passtimes and guys who dont live near Lbb.

I dont currently shoot out at rustic I am glad to hear there is some opportunities opening up in lubbock again. Those that are local, lets go out and shoot with them. After that you are free to offer your opinion and not look like a whiner. I plan to give the "new" game a chance as soon as possible.

have a good one

So, another "I'm better than you are" shooter. I might have had "skin in the game" if it wasn't for the holier than thou attitude presented by the OP and yourself.
    As to "trespassing". It's extremely difficult to trespass on your own 3500 acres of farmland. If you're referring to the property referenced near sundown, how are you so sure it isn't done with owner consent? Wether or not I'm local, I spend a great deal of time in an area I consider to be home.
    As to the deal about Rustic, it's been discussed ad nauseam in other threads, and the consensus seemed to be it was a shame what happened.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas

have a good one

Maybe I struck a nerve? Obviously so, since you felt so inclined to sign up just to post that. Just because I haven't lived there in 6 months doesn't mean I can't make a comment about the range either.

Go ahead and join them, I don't care what you do. Lol. You'll probably fit in quite well from what I can see!

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Forgot to mention in my previous post:

It is usually customary to introduce yourself and let us get to know you a little bit before you go slinging mud.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Forgot to mention in my previous post:

It is usually customary to introduce yourself and let us get to know you a little bit before you go slinging mud.

Prepare for a few more to join up, make some snarky comments, and then jet.

I'm sure we've pissed that one guy off, so he told his friend.

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    I don't know what made him insult me, just a single comment that I don't shoot at a range? He must be really sensitive about it.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Prepare for a few more to join up, make some snarky comments, and then jet.

I'm sure we've pissed that one guy off, so he told his friend.

I'm not that worried about it. I'm universally considered an asshole and I have a lot of friends out there. It's home for me.

The only reason I commented was elitism of any sort pisses me off.

shootnscoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Lubbock
    Flat lander, my hats off to you for that last comment. (that you will go out and watch)
    That is the point I was driving at.

Please let us know how it goes good or bad. Speaking from experience will yield for more meaningful criticism and not draw all the BS trolling (yes my post had bs trolling in it , and some took the bait)

I can see where someone might take some offense to the orig comments about "noise" but they were not that bad. I shoot matches and shoot in gravel pitts, I have no problems calling most of my pitt shooting "noise making," most of it is.

Last edited:

shootnscoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Lubbock
    The only reason I commented was elitism of any sort pisses me off.

Kinda like stuff like this

"As to "trespassing". It's extremely difficult to trespass on your own 3500 acres of farmland."

You set that one up, :)

I am not pissed at all, this is common on board

have fun

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Flat lander, my hats off to you for that last comment. (that you will go out and watch)
    That is the point I was driving at.

Please let us know how it goes good or bad. Speaking from experience will yield for more meaningful criticism and not draw all the BS trolling (yes my post had bs trolling in it , and some took the bait)

I can see where someone might take some offense to the orig comments about "noise" but they were not that bad. I shoot matches and shoot in gravel pitts, I have no problems calling most of my pitt shooting "noise making," most of it is.

What is the point in experiencing it first hand, when you have people like yourself and the OP to give us such informative insight in the first place? If anything, people who are no longer interested should thank you for saving them the gas!

Kinda like stuff like this

"As to "trespassing". It's extremely difficult to trespass on your own 3500 acres of farmland."

You set that one up,

I am not pissed at all, this is common on board

have fun

Your definition of "elitism" must be off. Ownership of farmland has nothing to do with being elite. Touting a shooting club that's better than "noise making shooters" does.

Top Bottom