• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    The LPSA shooting club in lubbock is looking for some new members . We shoot a different match each sunday every month at the old Rustic Range . You can go to www.lpsa-tx.org to look at what type of matches we shoot . Some are : Military rifles at 100 yards , Pistol Bullseye at 15 yards , .22 Benchrest at 50 yards , Rifle and pistol action matches . We shoot every sunday from 9 am to 2 pm . There is always some free time after the match ends for other shooting . We have $ payout for every match . We are looking for people that are interested enough in shooting to make at least 2 matches a month . Ask questions here and I will answer . Thanks, mag
    Military Camp

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Does this mean Rustic has been reopened? I moved away a month or two after it was sold/closed, so I'm not up to date with what is going on in Lubbock.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Yes. Theres no where to go to shoot rifles unless you know someone with land. I havent gotten to shoot since rustic shut down.

mag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Rustic is not open to the public . Our club has been shooting there for about 6 months now . We have a very good setup with the owner . A lot more shooting for less $ . Our club shooting is for serious shooters , I was hoping there might be one or two here that did not know about us , and would like to do some shooting . I do not think our club matches would interest gravel pit , noise making shooters .

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    Wow, arrogant much? You would be surprised what a "noise maker" can do. Actually on second thought I don't think I want to associate with arrogant bastards who think their shit don't stink.

No Ranger, not "the pit". It's just an area that has been cleared by the oil field for dirt, still at grade level but with a berm around it that prevents strays. It's a couple hundred yards long so I get to practice all my shots.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I do not think our club matches would interest gravel pit , noise making shooters .

I was born and raised on the south plains. Until I moved to DFW I never set foot on a gun range. I grew up shooting in caliche pits, since gravel pits are rare up there. Does this somehow make me less of a serious shooter than you? I think not. Your arrogance towards me and my "kind" is less than welcome.

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    The idea that shooting paper targets at a "gun range" makes you a better shooter than plinking cans in a caliche pit is laughable. I would venture to say that some of the best shooters in the world never even go to a range.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Rustic is not open to the public . Our club has been shooting there for about 6 months now . We have a very good setup with the owner . A lot more shooting for less $ . Our club shooting is for serious shooters , I was hoping there might be one or two here that did not know about us , and would like to do some shooting . I do not think our club matches would interest gravel pit , noise making shooters .

Well I guess those "rumors" were true. Thanks for the clarification.

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    Yeah Rsty, all I know about it is beetenbouh homes bought it and made it a private club for him and his buddies that pay like $1600 a year for the privilege to shoot there. Didn't make me much difference since I have a good place to shoot.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Outside of 4H, I'd never been to a range till I moved to Lubbock. Rustic was pretty nice considering the prevailing terrain.
    In the end, organized ranges offer no advantage over private property. I go when I want, I do what I want.
    Dual 1911 rapid fire is da bomb! Takes hours for the grin to wear off. Keep yer exclusive club, I'll keep mine.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I didn't want to jump to conclusions when it first happened. It's all business, and you can't be too angry about that.

I'd have no issues paying a club fee, or whatever, to shoot. However, I would not contribute to a club who thinks they're better than a fellow firearms enthusiast for no particular reason at all. With that being said, I don't live there, so I don't care.

But if I did move back, and there's a small chance I will, I'll stick to my private land shooting. If I'm needing to sight in a rifle, Amarillo Shooting Complex is not too far North, and they're set up for 200 yards. Nice guys too.

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    Thanks Rsty. Most people around here just objected to the amount of the fee he decided on. I'd never even been there so it didn't affect me.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Yea, I dont feel like I have to compete every time I go shoot.

Lander Im not comfortable about going on land I dont know owns it.

Top Bottom