• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    So, in the day and age of metrosexuals and boys wearing pants tighter than their girlfriends', who stands out as a man amongst men? Who are some of your classics?

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Few and far between in our modern world however my true heroes are the people who go to work each day trying to live life with morals, values, love their families, their country, simply living an honest life in a seemingly dishonest world. We had them in great numbers in WW2 and hopefully the young men serving now will carry on that tradition.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Remember a few maybe eight or ten years ago on a Florida beach a shark grabed a boy by the arm and bite it off? It was a big story. The boy's uncle was there, saw what had happened and went into the water, caght the shark in a bear hug, pulled the shark ashore and retrieved his nephews arm. This man is the manliest man I can think of.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Remember a few maybe eight or ten years ago on a Florida beach a shark grabed a boy by the arm and bite it off? It was a big story. The boy's uncle was there, saw what had happened and went into the water, caght the shark in a bear hug, pulled the shark ashore and retrieved his nephews arm. This man is the manliest man I can think of.

holy shit.
    thats hardcore.

+10

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I think Oliver North is a manly man. He took a lot of BS from our leaders and stood his ground for doing some things that he had to do in Viet Nam to save American soldiers. Our govt was attempting to make him a scapegoat unless he placed blame on someone but he took full credit for the actions that were necessary in a wartime situation. He was only a Lieutenant at that time.
    THANKS COL NORTH

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    With all the actors and fictional characters we might as well add the guy from the Dos XX commercials and Optimus Prime to the list.

In all seriousness I think the guy that pulled the shark out of the water to get his nephew's arm back wins hands down. Another good candidate was the guy who picked a fight with a bear to make it leave his kids alone. I can't find the story now, but from what I remember they were hiking and spooked the bear. Dad played dead at first, but the bear went after his kids so he started harassing it. The bear tore his scalp off, but they all manged to get away.

512Ram

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Central Texas

yeah i remember that. I think he started poking the shark's eyes to get it off his nephew if i remember correctly.

Also if your gonna throw the Dos XX "most interesting man in the world" guy, then definately John Jameson

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    yeah i remember that. I think he started poking the shark's eyes to get it off his nephew if i remember correctly.

Also if your gonna throw the Dos XX "most interesting man in the world" guy, then definately John Jameson

+1!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I'll nominate all of the men who serve in our armed forces and get shipped to Iran and Afghanistan to fight a war that doesn't even actually exist... only to get their asses shot off. Almost 5000 of them have died.

Add to that all of the men who died fighting for this country over the last 2 centuries.

I'll think about including the women when they get to go do something besides working behind the lines.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I'll nominate all of the men who serve in our armed forces and get shipped to Iran and Afghanistan to fight a war that doesn't even actually exist... only to get their asses shot off. Almost 5000 of them have died.

Add to that all of the men who died fighting for this country over the last 2 centuries.

I'll think about including the women when they get to go do something besides working behind the lines.

I suspect your comment about women illustrates your lack of service. Breaking News: there are women serving "at the front" in our wars that you think "doesn't even actually exist". Please hesitate before you respond since my experience will certainly trump your opinion.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Trump my opinion if you like but I have two son in laws who have spent over 4 years in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. The bullshit "front line" duty women have been performing is only JUST NOW becoming anything even remotely combat related. I am quite aware of the assignments currently being offered.

Thanks sincerely for your smart ass response.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Trump my opinion if you like but I have two son in laws who have spent over 4 years in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. The bullshit "front line" duty women have been performing is only JUST NOW becoming anything even remotely combat related. I am quite aware of the assignments currently being offered.

Thanks sincerely for your smart ass response.

Go back and read some of his posts, both before he was banned and after he returned. He is either a major troll or has an inferiority complex as big as Texas.

I suspect his time here is limited.

Top Bottom