• ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Thread addressed this.

Yes a gun is not sentient as we have posted before.

Because you own an animal that is capable of such damage one word doesn’t change: responsibility.

What are owners in the eyes of a court room after a bite? Reasonable. The owners actions or lack off is to blame.

Saying the dog is to blame while never posting a solution for irresponsible owners is the same game gun control folks use.

I’m going to use a term that fits your view of the dog and is already law. “Dangerous breed”. How did that dangerous dog get out? How come that dangerous dog was dumped and now a problem? The answer has two legs.

As already mentioned I’m natural on the breed. I’m not a fan. I have however never encountered a problem. So I must conclude those were good owners.

Let’s go deeper into ownership. Let’s ban the dog. Let’s have no pitbulls in this country. How does this fix people’s problem of being irresponsible?

I'll support banning any gun that is known to disproportionately leave its property and attack innocent people all by itself.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I have been bitten by:

2 German Shepards (appeared to be just for the hell of it)
    1 Lab that was hurt and I picked it up to get it out of the road
    1 Lab because I was messing with it's Jack Russel buddy
    1 Pittie (for who knows, but seemed to be territorial)
    1 Shitteroo (cuz it's a spoiled lil phucker that doesn't like to be picked up unless it's HIS idea. This one doesn't break skin tho. Wish his momma would get out of ALZ lockup!)
    Cuz white people are tasty

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Need to pass bar exam!
    Done!

Beam2.jpg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    To make those that have issues with pitbulls happy we have to ban the breed. That in itself is interesting. I wouldn’t care...but is it right?

Stats and an opinion got posted by an attorney that points out a high percentage of people he represents as pitbull owners are not great people.

If people haven’t voted to ban a breed, and the owner makes a mistake and that mistake cost a life, why is it ok to put the blame on the dog when we are the species with higher intelligence that took ownership of a potential deadly situation?

Maybe people assume by thinking this I care about the attacking dogs life. No. It needs to die. Then the owner needs to get legally destroyed.

I’m done. A lot of y’all are very smart people. Much smarter than I am. I just don’t see any wisdom in the pro banning of pit bulls. Emotion is high, logic and data is lacking. I’m not saying my data is any better. Just don’t see the data to think banning a dog is going to make y’all safer. Worlds going to hell fast and a large percentage of pit bull owners will cause a neighborhood issues in other ways.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    To make those that have issues with pitbulls happy we have to ban the breed. That in itself is interesting. I wouldn’t care...but is it right?

Stats and an opinion got posted by an attorney that points out a high percentage of people he represents as pitbull owners are not great people.

If people haven’t voted to ban a breed, and the owner makes a mistake and that mistake cost a life, why is it ok to put the blame on the dog when we are the species with higher intelligence that took ownership of a potential deadly situation?

Maybe people assume by thinking this I care about the attacking dogs life. No. It needs to die. Then the owner needs to get legally destroyed.

I’m done. A lot of y’all are very smart people. Much smarter than I am. I just don’t see any wisdom in the pro banning of pit bulls. Emotion is high, logic and data is lacking. I’m not saying my data is any better. Just don’t see the data to think banning a dog is going to make y’all safer. Worlds going to hell fast and a large percentage of pit bull owners will cause a neighborhood issues in other ways.
    Well, you have met me in person and even spent time at my house, would you think I fit that profile if some of the unsavory types of people that typically own pit bulls?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Well, you have met me in person and even spent time at my house, would you think I fit that profile if some of the unsavory types of people that typically own pit bulls?
    No. That’s a debate on its own and a dangerous one. But I view the bad pit owner as a criminal. Insert each person’s stereotype.

I’m glad you quoted me. I forgot to add something.

People who run puppy mills are probably the biggest issue. Dogs that can’t be dogs and are sold for fighting and to other criminals.

My pit I think she was left in a cage used for breeding. Freedom was new to her. Playing was new to her. At five.

She has attached herself to me. Kind of annoying at times but I get it. I’m her person now.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    No. That’s a debate on its own and a dangerous one. But I view the bad pit owner as a criminal. Insert each person’s stereotype.

I’m glad you quoted me. I forgot to add something.

People who run puppy mills are probably the biggest issue. Dogs that can’t be dogs and are sold for fighting and to other criminals.

My pit I think she was left in a cage used for breeding. Freedom was new to her. Playing was new to her. At five.

She has attached herself to me. Kind of annoying at times but I get it. I’m her person now.
    I would say most of the pit bull owners I know personally, (and some are even members of this forum.) are not unsavory types of people, and are responsible dog owners.

Owning any dog is a responsibility to ensure the safety of the dog, as well as the public. It's not suppose to be a responsibility taken lightly. I am fully cognizant that if my pit bull did attack a person, that from his size and strength that he could do massive amounts of damage to that person. I also realize Diego has a much different personality towards other people than my last pit bull, "Bandit" did.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    It is pretty amazing how tough they are. They can take some punishment.

When a pit, an admitted generalization but not non-existent much less rare, is game or adrenalized their survival circuit is bypassed. They become mechanical...killing machines. They did not evolve but were built by breeding for such.

The only wild animal that comes to mind wherein this is exhibited is an adrenalized grizzly bear.

Almost anything else will disengage to survive if possible.

Attacks with pits as the actors often continue when shot until hemorrhaged out or the CNS is compromised.

I believe that is singular to the breed.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I would say most of the pit bull owners I know personally, (and some are even members of this forum.) are not unsavory types of people, and are responsible dog owners.
    My experience vs online data though. My experience has personally been positive. The online data suggests what I feel I see driving down xyz street. There’s a difference between people I choose to be friends with and everyone else. My bad for not clearing that up.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The only wild animal that comes to mind wherein this is exhibited is an adrenalized grizzly bear.

Almost anything else will disengage to survive if possible.

Attacks with pits as the actors often continue when shot until hemorrhaged out or the CNS is
    compromised.

I believe that is singular to the breed.
    That right there is a worthwhile argument. Good post.

Top Bottom