• ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I would not have ever confessed to that

Agreed

You know...I'm really starting to wonder if stories like this aren't completely manufactured publicity stunts all thanks to the multi billion dollar anti gun lobbyist. You know they have the power to make anything they want happen in the news (like an AR15 "accidentally" showing up at some guys HOUSE in Washington D.C. of all places...). Stories like these help them push their agenda. I'm just saying, it would not surprise me in the least bit.

Starting to think the same.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Such fucking hipocricy. If that story was even true the guy or gal takes the gun out of the car and puts it on the owners porch to save the kids... How is that a better location?

I'd love to catch somebody breaking into my car...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If you get into someone's vehicle without permission I think you've commited burglary of a motor vehicle whether you take something or not. LEOs can correct me if I'm wrong.

I looked it up for Texas. It requires intent to commit a felony or theft. First offense is only a misdemeanor.

The other problem is the burglar is juvenile, the4 owner could be in trouble and face charges of making gun accesible to juvenile.

I myself would not have invited the man into my life over a few bullets.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    This is Texas' Definition...
    § 30.02. BURGLARY. (a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner, the person:
    (1) enters a habitation, or a building (or any portion of a building) not then open to the public, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault; or
    (2) remains concealed, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault, in a building or habitation; or
    (3) enters a building or habitation and commits or attempts to commit a felony, theft, or an assault.

his intent was to remove the firearm, which is theft.

Guilty

Florida's
    1. Entering a dwelling, a structure, or a conveyance with the intent to commit an offense therein, unless the premises are at the time open to the public or the defendant is licensed or invited to enter; or

2. Notwithstanding a licensed or invited entry, remaining in a dwelling, structure, or conveyance:

a. Surreptitiously, with the intent to commit an offense therein;

b. After permission to remain therein has been withdrawn, with the intent to commit an offense therein; or

c. To commit or attempt to commit a forcible felony, as defined in s. 776.08.

(2) Burglary is a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life imprisonment or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, if, in the course of committing the offense, the offender:

(a) Makes an assault or battery upon any person; or

(b) Is or becomes armed within the dwelling, structure, or conveyance, with explosives or a dangerous weapon; or

(c) Enters an occupied or unoccupied dwelling or structure, and:

Guilt and a Felony.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    This is Texas' Definition...
    § 30.02. BURGLARY. (a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner, the person:
    (1) enters a habitation, or a building (or any portion of a building) not then open to the public, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault; or
    (2) remains concealed, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault, in a building or habitation; or
    (3) enters a building or habitation and commits or attempts to commit a felony, theft, or an assault.

wrong law.

Sec. 30.04. BURGLARY OF VEHICLES. (a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner, he breaks into or enters a vehicle or any part of a vehicle with intent to commit any felony or theft.
    (b) For purposes of this section, "enter" means to intrude:
    (1) any part of the body; or
    (2) any physical object connected with the body.

Sec. 31.03. THEFT. (a) A person commits an offense if he unlawfully appropriates property with intent to deprive the owner of property.

Only the bullets could be theft.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Correct i copied wrong section but he still commetted theft and that was his intent when he entered the vehicle.

Yeah sure,

For all we know it was his wife, who did it to to teach him a lesson.

However it would be more ironic if it was 15 year old and gun owner was charged with child endangerment.

I myself am voting on it being a phony story setup by anti-gunners trying to make gun owners look stupid.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lot of "strange" stories coming out lately ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Odd story for sure. The only lesson here is that any of us can make a mistake and not lock our vehicle and the consequences are much more significant for some of us.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    wrong law.

Sec. 30.04. BURGLARY OF VEHICLES. (a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner, he breaks into or enters a vehicle or any part of a vehicle with intent to commit any felony or theft.
    (b) For purposes of this section, "enter" means to intrude:
    (1) any part of the body; or
    (2) any physical object connected with the body.

Sec. 31.03. THEFT. (a) A person commits an offense if he unlawfully appropriates property with intent to deprive the owner of property.

Only the bullets could be theft.
    he took the gun from the car it's burglary of a motor vehicle.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Cuz when creating propaganda, since you don't really know what you are talking about and others do, you can't create a fool proof scenario.

Top Bottom