• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Deporting him will get us the same of what his brothers and sisters do as he'll be right back here over and over again milking our systems. He needs some hard jail time and to be some inmates lil' bitch for a season and then gets traded off for a new line up. They need to bring back chain gangs and hard labor to have a lesson in hard work.
    Texas SOT

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Take away his phone/car keys and make him personally repair the damage. Then throw his ass in jail.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    As a side note: A quarter million bucks to repair that little bit?? Seems some government employees have their hands in the pot. I'll do a fantastic job for $10K and be tickled pink all the way to the bank.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    We might want to deport the person who estimated the repair cost at a quarter-million bucks!!!

As a side note: A quarter million bucks to repair that little bit?? Seems some government employees have their hands in the pot. I'll do a fantastic job for $10K and be tickled pink all the way to the bank.

no joke, what exactly makes it cost that much? Despite the fact it's the Alamo...that's one hell of a business model

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    No kidding!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    bdee,

In fact, I'd bet that one of our local Bexar County folks would do the repair for free, & feel honored to do that small restoration job.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    ZX9RCAM,

Fwiw, there are LOTS of small/bonded painting/plastering/masonry contractors in Bexar County, who are as devoted to THE SHRINE as I am & would, as I said, "feel honored to do" that small job.
    (I'm NOT suggesting "just somebody/anybody" to do that small job.)

yours, satx

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    ZX9RCAM,

Fwiw, there are LOTS of small/bonded painting/plastering/masonry contractors in Bexar County, who are as devoted to THE SHRINE as I am & would, as I said, "feel honored to do" that small job.
    (I'm NOT suggesting "just somebody/anybody" to do that small job.)

yours, satx

Gotcha...

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Gotcha...

Except that historical restorations are a whole different ball-of-wax. Considering that this is a National Park Service property, rehabilitation and restoration have to go through pretty exacting standards under the Secretary of the Interior's office. Not just anyone can do the work (even though many likely could perform it).

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Except that historical restorations are a whole different ball-of-wax. Considering that this is a National Park Service property, rehabilitation and restoration have to go through pretty exacting standards under the Secretary of the Interior's office. Not just anyone can do the work (even though many likely could perform it).

So if you truly believe that tiny job is worth a quarter million then you pay for it, please. ;)

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I'm saying WHY. Government bloat. 80% of that will be meetings to decide on the correct way to restore it and to what state.

Yes, but the salaries of those bureaucrats are already paid. Why pay some contractor a quarter million to do a $10K job... and THAT is being extremely generous for their so-called "expertise".

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mike1234567,

Because it's the DAMNYANKEE government. That's WHY.
    (The intrusive, SELF-important, sanctimonious, attitude of "those up there" makes me GAG.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Vaquero,

I suspect that that swine will come to be very sorry for his vandalism. = Texas has a rather harsh/punitive law about defacing monuments/cemeteries/places of worship/shrines and the whole weight of that law should fall on him, imVho, for defacing the Alamo

Nonetheless, I don't like the taxpayers being ripped off for spending 250,000.oo for doing a small/simple job.
    (There's probably not more than 500 contractors in our State who would happily do the work without cost to the taxpayers & be PROUD to do so.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Vaquero,

I suspect that that swine will come to be very sorry for his vandalism. = Texas has a rather harsh/punitive law about defacing monuments/cemeteries/places of worship/shrines and the whole weight of that law should fall on him, imVho, for defacing the Alamo

Nonetheless, I don't like the taxpayers being ripped off for spending 250,000.oo for doing a small/simple job.
    (There's probably not more than 500 contractors in our State who would happily do the work without cost to the taxpayers & be PROUD to do so.)

yours, satx
    Agreed, but also we do need be outraged by this act of vandalism, and if I am sitting on the jury, and he is proven guilty, I want him working until that $250,000 is fully paid off. I don't want him sitting in some cell while I pay off that debt.

Top Bottom