M-14: America's Worst and Shortest Used Service Rifle-What went wrong by Forgotten Weapons

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxrobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Nashua, new Hampshire
    My Dad and I were in a small gun club that shot the National Match Course 100 yards. Military rifles, Iron sights. At 100 yards the prone bullseye was 3 inches. 10 shots offhand standing, 0 shots kneeling and 30 shots prone with a reload in each.
    We got an M1a almost as soon as they came out (1977) and ours has a four-digit serial number. Almost all GI parts, including bolt and barrel.
    We did handloading for competition. Unforunately, we never got the results we got with our M1 Garands and eventually concentrated on 30-06 and our M1s.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I have a close personal, long time buddy that says he never had any problem controlling it in full auto while carrying it in service of this country.
    While having the M-14 from May '67 to Oct '67 as an issued weapon in training, I don't remember any option to switch to full auto. It was prolly/maybe there but just don't remember. They only gave us live ammo at the range. I can only see a Bubba Marine finding that flip lever to full auto and spraying the paper target at the range. A collective "oh shit" was thus avoided. Am almost certain that option was modified...

Top Bottom