• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    Great thread. Been getting push back from my general phys. for a while now. I am very active and compete on a sponsored cycling team, so I am in real good cardiovascular shape, but yet my levels are just above 200 and the doc says that is "normal".

I coached a guy one time that was in his mid twenties and a long distance biker.. Turned out his extreme cardio activity, biking something crazy like 50-60 miles a day crashed his test levels. If your dr knew about the cycling maybe he actors that in.. Or he is a typical dr and doesn't know enough about hormones to do anything so they do nothing.. Been ther, done that.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The doctor who I had for years, up until his retirement was a staff writer for Runner magazine. He always had plenty of advice on cardio but never once clued into my glaring low T situation.

My new doctor spotted it immediately and got me on the path to correct it.

Sometimes change is good. In my case I would have never known had my Doctor not retired.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Except for Scapp, has anybody changed there diet

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It's funny. I changed my diet but not right away. As I started feeling more energetic I started exercising more. As I exercised more the more I wanted to change my diet to better suit my new activity level.

I started out simple. All refined sugars had to go. No more sodas period. Then increased my protein intake. I eat as much natural organic as I can even though the Trans Resveritrol I'm taking is a very good cleansing agent.

I can go into more specifics on my diet if necessary but for now I'll just say yes, I changed my diet.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    IMG_0058.jpg

Picture on the left was 1 month after the brain cancer diagonsis I was 150lbs of lean muscle with a Total T level of about 1600 naturally. The picture on the left is me at the NRA convention im 190, down from 230 (which took 6 year to drop). I went into my surgery at 145 within 2 months i was at 230. Prior to the surgery i was taking in between 8500-10000 cal a day to stay active and not lose weight. After the surgery when my entire endocrine system shut down i was still having to take in close to the same amount or i felt like i was starving. It took about 6 months to get my cal intake down.

My last total T count was at 25 and has been right around that area for about 2 years now since i have been without the HRT (was on 3000 units 3 time a week, which depending on the formula was any where from 2-3cc per injection). I am still trying to get it taken care of through the VA and they are surprised with how low all my levels are and that i am still able to function like this. Im sure once i do get around to getting all my meds and the levels fixed that i will lose a lot of these medical issues i have been having (most seem to be linked to endocrine disorders or so my research seems to say) and hopefully i will no longer look like a bloated corpse of my former self.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    View attachment 21398

Picture on the left was 1 month after the brain cancer diagonsis I was 150lbs of lean muscle with a Total T level of about 1600 naturally. The picture on the left is me at the NRA convention im 190, down from 230 (which took 6 year to drop). I went into my surgery at 145 within 2 months i was at 230. Prior to the surgery i was taking in between 8500-10000 cal a day to stay active and not lose weight. After the surgery when my entire endocrine system shut down i was still having to take in close to the same amount or i felt like i was starving. It took about 6 months to get my cal intake down.

My last total T count was at 25 and has been right around that area for about 2 years now since i have been without the HRT (was on 3000 units 3 time a week, which depending on the formula was any where from 2-3cc per injection). I am still trying to get it taken care of through the VA and they are surprised with how low all my levels are and that i am still able to function like this. Im sure once i do get around to getting all my meds and the levels fixed that i will lose a lot of these medical issues i have been having (most seem to be linked to endocrine disorders or so my research seems to say) and hopefully i will no longer look like a bloated corpse of my former self.

1600 is nearly double of the high end normal ranges. You were producing that normally?

Why are you not on test replacement now?

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    so, what does this reveratrol do exatly? would someone like me benefit from taking it?

im 29, fat aand have a heart condition. but the past few weeks ive started eating high protien/low fat/low carb and ive started working out, im also drinking a whey protien shake or two a day.

im a vitacost user and they have this.. Vitacost Trans-Resveratrol 500 mg of herbal extract yielding 250 mg Trans-resveratrol -- 60 Vegetarian Capsules - Vitacost

The jap knotweed found in some resveratrols has been found to control the estrogen levels in men. They also claim it can increase test levels but I'm not buying that.

The best thing for you is to stay on track and have your hormone levels tested and get a copy to read for yourself. Don't listen to the dr when he says everything looks normal. Your bloodwork will tell you if you need some correct somewhere if its all just a lifestyle change that was needed.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    1600 is nearly double of the high end normal ranges. You were producing that normally?

Why are you not on test replacement now?

Yes that was normal production for me, and its only about 400 over, at least it is for the scale the Army used (348-1258). The VA will only allow endocrinologist to prescribe HRT and the VA "doesnt have the money" to pay for my specialty treatment. Its been a big long fight with them for the last 3 years now.

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    Yes that was normal production for me, and its only about 400 over, at least it is for the scale the Army used (348-1258). The VA will only allow endocrinologist to prescribe HRT and the VA "doesnt have the money" to pay for my specialty treatment. Its been a big long fight with them for the last 3 years now.

I forgot there are different scales used.. How old were you at the time?

Man that sucks with the treatment, you ever thought about just doing it out of pocket or is that not possible at the moment?

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I forgot there are different scales used.. How old were you at the time?

Man that sucks with the treatment, you ever thought about just doing it out of pocket or is that not possible at the moment?

At that time i was just shy of 21. There is one one endocrinologist in the area that takes my insurance and he has a 18 month waiting list for new patients. I just moved here a little under a year ago so i still have some time to wait.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Anyone know of a good Endo in the Plano / Allen area ? I tested low and would like an easy going Endo Doc to get me back up to speed.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Anyone know of a good Endo in the Plano / Allen area ? I he tested low and would like an easy going Endo Doc to get me back up to speed.

Dr. Brian Proctor at McKinney Family Medicine is who I use.

He's a very respected GP in the area and a great, laid back guy.

He'll get you back up to speed without a problem.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Dr. Brian Proctor at McKinney Family Medicine is who I use.

He's a very respected GP in the area and a great, laid back guy.

He'll get you back up to speed without a problem.

Thanks. He is where I went and have been having great results. First doc that has ever sat down and explained everything that was going on and that needed to be done. I can definitely tell a huge difference as my energy levels are back and I am sleeping much better. It was getting so bad that I could sleep for 8-10 hours, drink a pot of coffee and fall asleep in the chair by 1pm. Now I am sleeping 6 hours and cruising all day. I can also tell that my mental awareness is back as well. I am going back in for a blood test to check the levels to make sure the doses are good. I can tell when I am due for a shot as I can feel the effect wearing off by the end of the week.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom