• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I took the definition of night from the book "Texas Gun Laws: Armed and Educated" written by the lawyers of Texas Law Shield. They write that night is 30 minutes after sunset to 30 minutes before sunrise.
    What dribble are you referring to? You seem to like the ad hominem argument. I am not an attorney and there maybe something I am missing in the statutes but you sure haven't explained what I missed.
    They got that from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department per their definition of legal hunting hours.

Texas Law Shield also pimps doing a Bill of Sale.

Not everything out of a lawyers mouth is solid advice, especially if they had an intern or new receptionist look up definition of something.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Be advised of looters out looking for “opportunity” in accessible areas. Protect your property and “SOS” any invaders. Wily out!

<>

Having to shoot another person is a sad condition, especially if a young person.

Please let’s not be glib or joking.

<>

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    They got that from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department per their definition of legal hunting hours.

Texas Law Shield also pimps doing a Bill of Sale.

Not everything out of a lawyers mouth is solid advice, especially if they had an intern or new receptionist look up definition of something.
    They quote that it is from the Transportation Code. The point is that Texas has defined "Night" and judges are likely to use the codified version. Driving without your headlights on at night is a violation. Night is defined. Theft at night therefore has a defined time span. Theft in the daytime one can use force but not lethal force.
    They had in the past been for a BOS but the last I saw they were recommending NOT having one. They were suggesting a Bill of Transfer and Waiver of Liability. I will upload a copy if you want to see it.
    Their download "The Law of Deadly Force in Texas" is very informative and is available on their portal for members.
    I am not an attorney but I do read the regulations. Many people think theft at night is a free pass to shoot but you may win in court but not without a lot of legal misery. And then there is always the civil lawsuits.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    They quote that it is from the Transportation Code. The point is that Texas has defined "Night" and judges are likely to use the codified version. Driving without your headlights on at night is a violation. Night is defined. Theft at night therefore has a defined time span. Theft in the daytime one can use force but not lethal force.
    They had in the past been for a BOS but the last I saw they were recommending NOT having one. They were suggesting a Bill of Transfer and Waiver of Liability. I will upload a copy if you want to see it.
    Their download "The Law of Deadly Force in Texas" is very informative and is available on their portal for members.
    I am not an attorney but I do read the regulations. Many people think theft at night is a free pass to shoot but you may win in court but not without a lot of legal misery. And then there is always the civil lawsuits.
    If you shoot while an extremist is pointing an AK at you you will also be in for a lot of legal misery.
    Most folks defending property at night will have a much clearer path ( especially if during a disaster) to being cleared.

And if an attorney is suggesting some other form of documentation to get you tried as an unlicensed dealer, well, that is just pants on head retarded.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I took the definition of night from the book "Texas Gun Laws: Armed and Educated" written by the lawyers of Texas Law Shield. They write that night is 30 minutes after sunset to 30 minutes before sunrise.
    What dribble are you referring to? You seem to like the ad hominem argument. I am not an attorney and there maybe something I am missing in the statutes but you sure haven't explained what I missed.

The beauty of free legal “advice” marketed by a group of attorneys selling a legal services plan is that the book and advice is worth exactly what you paid for it, which is likely multiple orders of magnitude less than what it would cost to actually be represented. Attorney’s don’t command the prices they do because they know the law: they’re paid for their ability to maneuver in the system and sell a story that advances their client’s interest.

I can at least reference the relevant portions of the code and recommend anyone involved in a defensive shooting seek competent counsel prior to answering any questions. That last bit of advice is also worth exactly what you paid for it.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Efficiency is key

Shovel-Gun-2-1697622992.jpg

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    If you shoot while an extremist is pointing an AK at you you will also be in for a lot of legal misery.
    Most folks defending property at night will have a much clearer path ( especially if during a disaster) to being cleared.

And if an attorney is suggesting some other form of documentation to get you tried as an unlicensed dealer, well, that is just pants on head retarded.
    Daniel Perry agrees. Depends on the DA.
    By suggesting you not use a BOS they are getting you away from the unlicensed dealer trap.

I would venture that most attorneys know nothing about Texas gun laws. The guy who does your will probably doesn't know the definition of night either. I have asked questions of the Law Shield attorneys and have received very astute answers. Better than the advice from some here.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Daniel Perry agrees. Depends on the DA.
    By suggesting you not use a BOS they are getting you away from the unlicensed dealer trap.

I would venture that most attorneys know nothing about Texas gun laws. The guy who does your will probably doesn't know the definition of night either. I have asked questions of the Law Shield attorneys and have received very astute answers. Better than the advice from some here.
    Any record with a date on it showing you sold or otherwise transferred a firearm to someone else can be construed as an unlicensed dealer. Just because you don’t call it a BOS, does not make the advice any less retarded.
    Remember, the way the “rule” is written, you could sell your guns to a FFL and still be hemmed up.

Bo10mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2022
    Texas
    When people get desperate, they do desperate and stupid stuff. Most bad people do bad things, and not think what could and will happen.

Top Bottom