• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RNstanger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    So Cal
    What concerns me more is the number of people who are moving from California to Texas and think these measures are good ideas...:ohnoes:

Yes, I have met some former Left Coasters who question the Second Amendment rights we enjoy in this great state. I ask them what did they honestly expect when they decided to move to Texas?!?

Now, allow me to clarify that I have met a lot more former Californians who hated the Draconian gun laws there and are very supportive of Texas' position on firearms; but there are those "select few" who feel that things need to be more like they were in that disaster that is their old state!

Cheers! M2
    I love the gun laws here in TX compared to CA. That's one of the main reasons I left CA a couple years ago. What surprises me is a lot of people raised here don't know the gun laws themselves.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    As a former inmate of the state of CA I honestly think the only people who are going to keep living there are the people the rest of America really doesn't need. I know they all have their reasons for staying, but the truth is there is only one reason for staying: you value something else over your liberty. CA serves a useful purpose as a refuge for voluntary slaves. Leave the rest of America for those who have some inkling of the importance of freedom.

And this is coming from someone whose friend of 20 years recently moved there (against my advisement). No sympathy- he was warned and whatever ill he gets over there he deserves.

Assuming that he's not a gun nut and has a Job lined up for him, it won't really impact him that much lol, except he will have less money over there despite getting paid more lol.

comp73

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    DFW
    I actually read somewhere that this may actually work in favor of CC. There is a case in CA involving CC. The case, Peruta v. San Diego, is working its way through the courts and is currently in the 9th circuit on appeal. Basically, Mr Peruta is suing San Diego County for being denied a CC permit. At the District level, the judge ruled in favor of San Diego County. In the ruling, the judge states since unloaded open carry is legal, you are still able to exercise your 2nd amendment rights. If CA passes this law, then the judges reasoning for ruling in favor of the Sheriff is moot.

Peruta v. County of San Diego - Calguns Wiki

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Heck yeah it's a deal! We need to work out a promotional deal, like buy three cases of ammo and get half off an, um... uh, you know...
    Three cases of ammo gets you half off on a "hummer".

...and I don't mean this kind:

up-armored-humvee.jpg

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    On a serious note - for just a brief moment here...

I'm not real optimistic about any favorable laws pertaining to firearms in California. That kind of positive legislation just doesn't happen over there!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    On a serious note - for just a brief moment here...

I'm not real optimistic about any favorable laws pertaining to firearms in California. That kind of positive legislation just doesn't happen over there!

Lots of good lawsuits, though.

I have seen a few legislative wins for the pro-gun side out there.. But they're few and far between. Mostly they're playing defense and trying to delay the inevitable.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I actually read somewhere that this may actually work in favor of CC. There is a case in CA involving CC. The case, Peruta v. San Diego, is working its way through the courts and is currently in the 9th circuit on appeal. Basically, Mr Peruta is suing San Diego County for being denied a CC permit. At the District level, the judge ruled in favor of San Diego County. In the ruling, the judge states since unloaded open carry is legal, you are still able to exercise your 2nd amendment rights. If CA passes this law, then the judges reasoning for ruling in favor of the Sheriff is moot.

Peruta v. County of San Diego - Calguns Wiki

I remember hearing about that. Along with some commentary to the effect that, if they outlaw OC (as they have just done) they'll have no grounds to deny the permits. So a suit to change the CC law to a 'shall issue' would have a better chance in the courts.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's not outlawed yet. Governor has to either sign or ignore.

In CA, if the governor takes no action, it becomes law. He has to veto for it to die now.

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    We are going to have to do the reverse of what California did in the 30's. They had border check stations on all roads across the state line to prevent "Okies" from coming in and polluting their "Fair State". Now is the time to only let the few SANE Californians out into the rest of the country. The part that the Yankees and the Left Coast call "FLYOVER COUNTRY".

dah328

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    While it does suck to be a gun owner in CA, I was in LA a couple weeks ago visiting family and went shooting with my brother-in-law who is a LEO out there. I was quite surprised to find the shooting range out there was more laid back than my local DFW range. Of course, no one else had the full 15-round mag Glock mags...

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I went to a gun store near San Diego last year and the employees were more professional and polite than any I have encountered in Texas. I think this is because out there a gun store is a "big deal".

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There are a few gun stores you don't want to set foot in out there. There are a few out there that don't want you to set foot in their stores - some have flat-out told people that if they're not LEO, they shouldn't have AR or AK type rifles.

It gets really scary in a gun store when you know the laws and start hearing the people working those stores trying to "educate" people on laws that they themselves don't know.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    There are a few gun stores you don't want to set foot in out there. There are a few out there that don't want you to set foot in their stores - some have flat-out told people that if they're not LEO, they shouldn't have AR or AK type rifles.
    Guess I went to one of the good ones. Didn't buy anything of course.

It gets really scary in a gun store when you know the laws and start hearing the people working those stores trying to "educate" people on laws that they themselves don't know.
    That happens all the time in TX

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    California, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, New York, Washington, Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and the District of Columbia don't get it (among others).

They will drag the rest of the Nation into insolvency.

California banned the open carry of loaded fire-arms, but not the open carry of unloaded firearms.

Then they banned all types of semi-auto firearms.

The Republic has no hope for survival when California and like-minded States impose their will on the free territories of the Union.

A Nanny State has no chance of survival.

Be well.

Top Bottom