• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    the cold air intakes and short rams dont add near what any company claims you will gain 2-4hp with any after market intake now if you had alot of head work and full exhaust, maybe you would gain the 8 hp they are claiming.
    buy the time you break 200 hp you will have spent thousands of dollars and potentially turning a decent daily driver into a project that doesnt run for months at a time. take everyones advice leave the tc alone and pick up an actual project/play toy.
    Target Sports

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    There's variability in the vehicle you're installing CAIs, but as a rule actual performance improvements do fall short based on masses of customer input.

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Nice camaro timberwolf. Nothing like real American muscle thats simple to work on. Heck with the computer cars! Ill still be on the road again.

Thank you, sir! I wish I had some decent pix of it, as it had 9 coats of black lacquer and 4 coats of clear. Talk about a shine that looked a foot deep! It was a beautiful car and ran like a scalded dog with a 383 (350 block with a 400 crank). It had to go to pay my college tuition.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Thank you, sir! I wish I had some decent pix of it, as it had 9 coats of black lacquer and 4 coats of clear. Talk about a shine that looked a foot deep! It was a beautiful car and ran like a scalded dog with a 383 (350 block with a 400 crank). It had to go to pay my college tuition.

so it goes.. I have a old dodge I wanna put a 383 in it. No time for it though.

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Oh, just remembered - check out this site - Race, performance & street cars, engines, engine parts, trailers for sale
    Has plenty of race cars and parts at decent prices. Even locally, though, you ought to be able to pick up a running 1980's / early '90's Camaro or Mustang for a couple thousand. Work on that as you're learning.

Also you ought to be going out to the local drag strip and making friends there. Plenty of people will be more than glad to let you help them change their transmission or whatever. You ought to get some free beer and pizza out of it, too.

If you throw a turbo on that Scion and crank it up to 32 pounds of boost or so, you may even get 550 hp, but the real question is how many runs you'll get out of it before it grenades.

Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    Sorry to bump old threads... what did you end up doing with the tC? I'm a little surprised that no one mentioned suspension upgrades. Not ghetto spring chopping, but actual performance upgrades to the shocks and springs. Adding a bunch of power to a car means you'll eventually need to modify the suspension in some way to accommodate.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Oh, just remembered - check out this site - Race, performance & street cars, engines, engine parts, trailers for sale
    Has plenty of race cars and parts at decent prices. Even locally, though, you ought to be able to pick up a running 1980's / early '90's Camaro or Mustang for a couple thousand. Work on that as you're learning.

Also you ought to be going out to the local drag strip and making friends there. Plenty of people will be more than glad to let you help them change their transmission or whatever. You ought to get some free beer and pizza out of it, too.

If you throw a turbo on that Scion and crank it up to 32 pounds of boost or so, you may even get 550 hp, but the real question is how many runs you'll get out of it before it grenades.

I'm willing to bet it'll blow on the dyno

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Sorry to bump old threads... what did you end up doing with the tC? I'm a little surprised that no one mentioned suspension upgrades. Not ghetto spring chopping, but actual performance upgrades to the shocks and springs. Adding a bunch of power to a car means you'll eventually need to modify the suspension in some way to accommodate.

Nothing yet, it's the first in line of second gen models so parts are scarce and paying for a wedding is a bitch. :) Just have a K&N Air Filter in it is all.

Top Bottom