• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    So as I previously stated, I had my 2000 Camry crap out on me and so I bought a new 2011 Scion TC. Well I'm kinda interested in going the whole turbo kit route and all of that, I've seen some Scion TCs up in the 550+ HP range, and this is relevant to my interests. Only snag is that I can't do squat with cars. Can't even change my own oil filter to be honest. So I'm wondering if any of you gearheads can recommend a good automotive forum for me to lurk on where I can learn some ins and outs of car modifications, repairs, stuff like that. I'm always interested in learning new things. :)

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Most turbo setups will require premium gas so it's not only expensive for the kit but also for the feeding the whole life of the car.

Save the money and go to a race car driving\track driving school and increase your skills with the car you have. Then attend an Autocross event.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Have you verified that an aftermarket turbo kit will not void the warranty.....I would be very surprised.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Yip.

DSC_5017.gif

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    tC is a pretty sporty machine right out of the box. Doing much of anything to the engine will void Toyota's warranty though.

If TRD offers a turbo kit, that would be the best way to go since they come with their own warranty plus don't void any Toyota warranty.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    tC is a pretty sporty machine right out of the box. Doing much of anything to the engine will void Toyota's warranty though.

If TRD offers a turbo kit, that would be the best way to go since they come with their own warranty plus don't void any Toyota warranty.

+1

I bought an older model tC for my step-daughter.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Probably good for .0001 HP and more annoying underhood noise. What a bargain.

He didn't have any figures on performance variation between having it or not having it. Kinda frustrating. Don't wanna void my warranty... then again, with full coverage through USAA and my financing through USAA, I think they actually have a bumper to bumper on it.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    He didn't have any figures on performance variation between having it or not having it. Kinda frustrating. Don't wanna void my warranty... then again, with full coverage through USAA and my financing through USAA, I think they actually have a bumper to bumper on it.

Even with aftermarket performance stuff on it???

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    550+ HP in a FWD car? Um if that's what floats your boat, man...

It's best to find a forum specific to your manufacturer. Dunno much about Toyota/Scion so I can't recommend one. For example you'll find me haunting RX8Club, The Fiat Page, and bmwe21.net because they are specific to my cars. My favorite general car forum was carnuts.us, but sadly they are gone.

Strictly European Autosport is a great Texas forum, but I don't think it'd work for you since like their name suggests, it's mainly for Euro cars. Maybe there's a Toyota owners group in TX you can contact?

Top Bottom