Not open for further replies.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Since being retired. few years back, whenever one of these signs pops-up, I ask to visit with the owner or manger and give detailed explanatons of what this sign does and doesn’t do.

They listen carefully, but always say: “It makes all of us FEEL more safe!”

One just can’t get through to them.

Even if I then say: “I am licensed, was a U S Army Captain & am father of a Police Detective. “I spend $______ in your business every month.”
    I then ask: “Do you want for me to stay away, or to ignore your sign and come in armed, anyway? I, and many like me, refuse to disarm.”

If a Texas-Proper sign is encountered in Texas, my line changes to “Sorry, but I refuse to disarm. So you are forcing me to take my business elsewhere.”

Those who propose these are mostly ignorant, but “well-intentioned”. The Road to Hell is . . . . . . . !
    D1BBBD6B-3FC2-455C-9904-317DC83CD0AB.png

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    <>

Since being retired. few years back, whenever one of these signs pops-up, I ask to visit with the owner or manger and give detailed explanatons of what this sign does and doesn’t do.

Even if I then say: “I am licensed, was a U S Army Captain & am father of a Police Detective. “I spend $______ in your business every month.”
    I then ask: “Do you want for me to stay away, or to ignore your sign and come in armed, anyway? I, and many like me, refuse to disarm.”

If a Texas-Proper sign is encountered in Texas, my line changes to “Sorry, but I refuse to disarm. So you are forcing me to take my business elsewhere.”

Those who propose these are mostly ignorant, but “well-intentioned”. The Road to Hell is . . . . . . . ! View attachment 376878
    just curious as to how many have seen the light and changed their thinking sbout the signs?sounds like more of your persoal self-serving boycotts in action IMO

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>

Those who propose these are mostly ignorant, but “well-intentioned”. The Road to Hell is . . . . . . . ! View attachment 376878

When it's a "gunbuster" sign, I pay no more attention to it than I would a "No Shirt/No Shoes No Service" sign. And I sure as hell don't correct them so they'll go looking for the legally binding sign to replace it with.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    When it's a "gunbuster" sign, I pay no more attention to it than I would a "No Shirt/No Shoes No Service" sign. And I sure as hell don't correct them so they'll go looking for the legally binding sign to replace it with.
    <>

Yes, but, different States have adopted different laws.

I, too ignore those when in Texas.

Various laws place greater burdens and liabilities on licensees than are permitted on known criminals. For instance, in one neighboring State, a licensee must obtain a homeowner’s specific permission to enter armed
    after being invited-in. The SCotUS won’t allow them to require that of a criminal with criminal intent.

Texas has tried unconstitutional laws in the recent past.

We 2A supporters have a big educational task at hand.

leVieux

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    <>

Yes, but, different States have adopted different laws.

I, too ignore those when in Texas.

Various laws place greater burdens and liabilities on licensees than are permitted on known criminals. For instance, in one neighboring State, a licensee must obtain a homeowner’s specific permission to enter armed
    after being invited-in. The SCotUS won’t allow them to require that of a criminal with criminal intent.

Texas has tried unconstitutional laws in the recent past.

We 2A supporters have a big educational task at hand.

leVieux
    AND HOW WOULD YOU OR ANYONE KNOW A PERSON WAS A CRIMINAL WITH CRIMINAL INTENT?
    PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT ARE KNOWN CRIMINALS!

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Educating business so that they can properly sign is stupid. Went to the doctors office yesterday, 30.06/07 proper at the door. No 30.05 or gunbuster. Do I tell them they are stupid, NO.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "Since being retired. few years back, whenever one of these signs pops-up, I ask to visit with the owner or manger and give detailed explanatons of what this sign does and doesn’t do."

OK...why?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    "Since being retired. few years back, whenever one of these signs pops-up, I ask to visit with the owner or manger and give detailed explanatons of what this sign does and doesn’t do."

OK...why?
    B/C once in a while, I do get a positive response and the sign disappears. Many think that the signs actually bar criminals.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "B/C once in a while, I do get a positive response and the sign disappears."

And once in a while, do the 'sign ignorant' experience an 'ah-hah moment', thank you for bringing them up to speed and replace their old inauthentic signs with 'the proper ones'?

Once 'sign educated' - This result is what many expect of the truly 'gun sign ignorant/'anti-gun' business owners.

With their newly acquired gun sign education, what assurance do you think motivates anti-gun business owners to ditch bogus gun signage and not replace them with proper ones?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    "B/C once in a while, I do get a positive response and the sign disappears."

And once in a while, do the 'sign ignorant' experience an 'ah-hah moment', thank you for bringing them up to speed and replace their old inauthentic signs with 'the proper ones'?

Once 'sign educated' - This result is what many expect of the truly 'gun sign ignorant/'anti-gun' business owners.

With their newly acquired gun sign education, what assurance do you think motivates anti-gun business owners to ditch bogus gun signage and not replace them with proper ones?
    <>
    I have found that there are reps of anti-2A groups who go around and ask to post those signs. They always misinform as to the effects of the signs.

Years back, LA allowed the demographic data of “licensees” to be published; it was like a listing of “most preferred customer characteristics” for any business. Educations, income levels, etc.

Different States use different signage systems. I haven’t found another with such a specific system as Texas.

Just trying to make a small effort.

leVieux

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    You avoided my question...

Informing 'anti-gun' businesses how to bolster their perspective with proper signage, which you may very well do with your information...isn't in pro-gun interests...and unless you personally know these folks, they may exchange laughable signs for the real thing...

Certainly, some 'pro-gun' businesses seeing 'the light' with a bit of sign education is a good thing i.e., they discard their silly illegitimate signs into the dumpster, but some of the 'informed' can also say: Thanks...I'll now shit-can the wrong signs and put up the right 'anti-gun' signs...thanks...

Yes, it could go either way...how about saying 'nothing' about proper signage and leave it at that...?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    <>
    I have found that there are reps of anti-2A groups who go around and ask to post those signs. They always misinform as to the effects of the signs.

Years back, LA allowed the demographic data of “licensees” to be published; it was like a listing of “most preferred customer characteristics” for any business. Educations, income levels, etc.

Different States use different signage systems. I haven’t found another with such a specific system as Texas.

Just trying to make a small effort.

leVieux
    SHOW SOME PROOF OR EVIDENCE THAT ANTI 2A GROUPS ARE BEHINDPUTTING UP THE SIGNS I SUSPECT THAT IT'S IGNORANCE ON THE PART OF THE ESTABLISMENT JUST NOT KNOWING THE DIFFERENC BETWEEN SIGNS THAT MEET THE STATUTES OFFOR PROPER SIGNAGE! TEXAS

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    You avoided my question...

Informing 'anti-gun' businesses how to bolster their perspective with proper signage, which you may very well do with your information...isn't in pro-gun interests...and unless you personally know these folks, they may exchange laughable signs for the real thing...

Certainly, some 'pro-gun' businesses seeing 'the light' with a bit of sign education is a good thing i.e., they discard their silly illegitimate signs into the dumpster, but some of the 'informed' can also say: Thanks...I'll now shit-can the wrong signs and put up the right 'anti-gun' signs...thanks...

Yes, it could go either way...how about saying 'nothing' about proper signage and leave it at that...?
    <>

Legal signage details differ state-to-state.

And, I have no obligation to your “question”.

It was a comment, you can take it or leave it.

leVieux

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Define "successfully." If I drag you in to court and you pay tens of thousands of dollars and miss hours of work to defend your actions after posting $10,000 to get out of the jail cell you spent last night in...

Getting a conviction. That is generally what is accepted as a successful prosecution.

Can you cite cases of people being arrested and thrown in jail for 30.06? I suspect there won't be too many. That sort of thing would likely make the news and we would be discussing landowner rights, LTC legalities, the Constitution, and why the LTC was such a goof getting caught and then refusing to leave, etc.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Define "successfully." If I drag you in to court and you pay tens of thousands of dollars and miss hours of work to defend your actions after posting $10,000 to get out of the jail cell you spent last night in...

Again, DPS has the statisitcs. They are publicly available. Show me arrests for 30.06 or 30.07. Can’t be drug into court if there’s not an arrest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom