• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Anyone have any experience with this brand of spray on bed liner? I've generally heard good things about it, but was curious for more input.

Also, if you've had it done, how much did it cost?
    DK Firearms

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Expect to pay $350-450 for your truck. Lately I've been using Rhino but I've also tried Line-X. I can't really recommend one over another. Anything is better than a plastic drop-in or not having one at all. But FWIW, if I'm getting it done I will choose Rhino. One of my trucks came with Line-X and I certainly was not going to remove it to re-spray Rhino.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Most all of the commercial spray in bed liners are similar in cost and quality. Durability and longevity all depend on how well the surface was prepped before it was sprayed.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Got my line x done for $450, I am thinking about getting the entire truck done

Sent from the black hole

Almost bought a CJ5 that was done inside and out back in the day. I don't know what brand, but I've seen spray-on bed liner on the side of FBI HRT Suburbans. IMO, it's a legit way to keep body panels from getting dinged up.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    My bed is already scratched and dinged up. I bought it that way, and now it's time to make it look nicer and keep it from getting messed up since the previous owner didn't care too much.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Different sorta answer here. Three years ago I was all set to have my motorcycle coated in line-x - money in hand. Only Houston shop I found was in SE Houston. A weeks worth of calls and three visits later I had not managed to have the bike looked at or received an estimate. I said screw'm and ordered a leather tank cover.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    My bed is already scratched and dinged up. I bought it that way, and now it's time to make it look nicer and keep it from getting messed up since the previous owner didn't care too much.
    It's a truck bed, use it!
    That said I've long had bed covers (or 6.5' long trunks ;)) but if I got a spay-on liner it would be a light color so it's not as hot as black would be.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    LineX Xtra (black) in my truck $700 6.5' bed over the rails. LineX of Ft Worth - the guy that sprayed my truck knows his shtuff. Well worth what I spent on it. I've done the DIY thing on my other truck. I wasn't cheaping out on a bedliner for this truck.

I wanted color match but that would have cost even more and then I was getting into need vs want territory for cost.

You want to find an installer/sprayer who knows what s/he is doing. Prep is the most of the work. And a good sprayer will lay down the type of texture you prefer without compromising consistency and setup.

As for the long battled Line-X vs Rhino, I'll take LineX. Dad has Rhino in his truck. It feels a little more rubbery. It has torn in places. It has faded. His is also about 10yrs older than my bedliner job. But that is the only personal experience direct comparison I can make between the two products.

I do keep the rubber bedmat down on the bed for more impact protection. Particularly for loading firewood. The bed mat was in the bare bed when I bought the truck and I decided to keep it after the LineX.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Seems like a lot of people like Line-X on here too...

It's a truck bed, use it!
    That said I've long had bed covers (or 6.5' long trunks ;)) but if I got a spay-on liner it would be a light color so it's not as hot as black would be.

I do use it, but I don't want the bed looking like it does now.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Our paint guy at work sprayed all out
    R pickups and even certain parts like counterweights on our forklifts whatever he used sucks its slick and cracks easily.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    9 years in my pickup and still going strong. Best thing ever invented for a pickup bed.

There was a guy at a plant where I used to work that did his entire truck in that stuff. It was an old truck and had been hit by someone. The insurance company wouldn't pay to have it repainted but they gave him enough that his brother-in-law (who was doing the coating) could afford to cover the truck. Super non-reflective for hunting and such.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Quality bedliners don't fade, they just lose their shine. They give you a wax/polish that you're supposed to apply every few months or so if you want to maintain that shine. It's stupid. It's a fucking truck bed.

But if you're worried about fade because you're going to get red bedliner so it matches the truck... FAIL.

cmgray612

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Leander, Texas
    Line X all the way, quality material. Funny fact most don't know is that line X has a military/govt testing branch. It's used in all kinds of anti-frag applications. At the PD our heavy body armor is coated in line X to absorb bullet splatter. And DAMN does it work. Tough stuff

Top Bottom