• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    It was turning into a dick measuring contest. "Well, this religion does this!" "Oh yeah? That religion did it, too!"

We can discuss this just fine by saying that some Muslims got upset at a video that was offensive and decided to get violent against US diplomats. That's about all that needs saying, IMO. But when it turns into people throwing stones back and forth about what religion is best/worst/equal, that's when stuff gets shut down.

Carry on.

So which religion was being discussed in the Egypt/Marines/Ammo thread?
    Target Sports

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Ben Stein...
    "Let me be clear about this: Mr. Obama is wrong. We have complete freedom of speech in this country. We do not apologize to mobs of thugs and bullies for our residents having free speech. When I take office, the era of apologizing to foreign thugs and bandits for the United States of America and our freedoms is over. We are not ashamed of being a free country. We are proud of it.
    "We expect the governments of Egypt and Libya and all other nations to do their duty under law to protect our embassies. If they can't, we will take appropriate action. We are not going to be pushed around and we are not going to be bullied by gangsters and we are not going to apologize for the Constitution.....

Exactly. I hear offensive stuff all the time about my religion. I don't start blowing shit up or start shooting people. Completely unacceptable.

I may have added this...

Freedom means you gotta deal with the other guy's bullshit too. If you want to be free men THEN DEAL WITH IT PEACEFULLY. If not, we'll bomb you back into the stone age you want to resurrect.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So which religion was being discussed in the Egypt/Marines/Ammo thread?

The back and forth was starting. Once it gets to the point of "oh yeah, but ____ did ____ too!" I'm closing stuff down.

ETA: I locked the other thread, not that one, so I can't say.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Apparently the mod will shut it down without it getting heated or any of the site rules being broken.

Because the "back and forth" was beginning? Isn't that what happens in a discussion? Why are all of the "Which AR" threads not shut down? They get heated quick. The arbitrary rules, comment deletion, thread locking is getting ridiculous.

I can understand (somewhat) locking religion threads but to arbitrarily lock threads that are on topic and not violating forum rules because of how they 'might' go I do not understand.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Apparently the mod will shut it down without it getting heated or any of the site rules being broken.

Because the "back and forth" was beginning? Isn't that what happens in a discussion? Why are all of the "Which AR" threads not shut down? They get heated quick. The arbitrary rules, comment deletion, thread locking is getting ridiculous.

I can understand (somewhat) locking religion threads but to arbitrarily lock threads that are on topic and not violating forum rules because of how they 'might' go I do not understand.

I edited the post I made, but I'll say it again.

I didn't realize which thread you were talking about at first. I locked a different thread for the reasons I gave, but not the one you were talking about, so I have no idea why it was locked.

Relax, have a beer. Yes, other threads can get heated, but the blowups we've had with religious threads were ridiculous.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The back and forth was starting. Once it gets to the point of "oh yeah, but ____ did ____ too!" I'm closing stuff down.

ETA: I locked the other thread, not that one, so I can't say.

There was nothing going on in that thread that was a violation of forum rules and no one was attacking other members. There was no reason for it to be locked.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I edited the post I made, but I'll say it again.

I didn't realize which thread you were talking about at first. I locked a different thread for the reasons I gave, but not the one you were talking about, so I have no idea why it was locked.

Relax, have a beer. Yes, other threads can get heated, but the blowups we've had with religious threads were ridiculous.

Gotcha. A beer does sound good right now.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It was turning into a dick measuring contest. "Well, this religion does this!" "Oh yeah? That religion did it, too!"

We can discuss this just fine by saying that some Muslims got upset at a video that was offensive and decided to get violent against US diplomats.
    Hence my analogy

I'm not sure whether or not that movie really set them off... The video was originally posted on Jul 2, 2012. Why did they wait to start rioting last week? Hmmmmm..... Maybe it's not really about some dumb movie at all.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hope & Change.

We can hope for this change....

obamaobamalastdayinoffi.jpg

Otherwise, there will be more of this...

obamaunemployed.jpg

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Religion should be an allowed topic when it comes to this subject, only because many of the terrorist groups seem to use it as a belief or basis for their attack......

But, like someone else said, we've gone soft.....the only response you'll see from the U.S. would be an apology or an invitation to drink a beer on the Whitehouse lawn.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    If we had the right policies we could tell all these hot, sandy, POS countries to have a good life and be done with them.

With current technology, there's no need to have physical locations in countries that are "less key" to our foreign policy. We need to make some of these countries "less key."

Top Bottom