• ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Ben Stein.

This is the speech I would have liked to have heard from Presidential candidate Mitt Romney yesterday.
    "My fellow Americans, today is the eleven year anniversary of the horrible mass murders of innocent men, women, and children in the United States by sick, twisted terrorists hiding behind the cloak of Islam. By a terrible stroke, today also marked vicious attacks on U.S. diplomatic missions in Egypt and Libya. These attacks, by raging, cowardly mobs, were supposedly instigated by an amateur e-mail about the being whom Muslims consider sacred and a Holy prophet, Mohammed. This e-mail was made in the United States under the protection of our Constitution, which protects freedom or speech and expression. The mobs who attacked our missions objected to the e-mail cartoon or whatever it was. They have the complete right to object. But they do not have the right under any international law to attack our diplomatic stations for any reason at all.
    "My opponent, Mr. Barack Obama, chose to meet this international outrage by apologizing to the mobs in the form of a letter from Mrs. Clinton's State Department condemning the making of the offending e-mail.
    "Let me be clear about this: Mr. Obama is wrong. We have complete freedom of speech in this country. We do not apologize to mobs of thugs and bullies for our residents having free speech. When I take office, the era of apologizing to foreign thugs and bandits for the United States of America and our freedoms is over. We are not ashamed of being a free country. We are proud of it.
    "We expect the governments of Egypt and Libya and all other nations to do their duty under law to protect our embassies. If they can't, we will take appropriate action. We are not going to be pushed around and we are not going to be bullied by gangsters and we are not going to apologize for the Constitution.
    "There was a further default in Mr. Obama's leadership today. At a time when the whole world is desperately concerned about the certainty that Iran will soon have nuclear weapons and that same Iran has promised to use them to have a second Holocaust against the Jews and '…wipe Israel off the map…', the Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, pleaded with Mr. Obama for a face to face meeting in New York when the President will be there for the opening of the UN General Assembly session. Mr. Obama brushed off Premier Netanyahu, head of government of one of our closest allies, saying his schedule did not permit such a meeting. It turned out that Mr. Obama did have time, however, on this trip to New York City to have a comedy interview with David Letterman.
    "When reaction to this behavior turned negative, Mr. Obama hastily did an improvised phone call with Mr. Netanyahu and denied his own version of events released earlier.
    "This is unacceptable, especially at a time of extremely high tensions in the Middle East. In the Romney-Ryan administration, peace and the maintenance of security for the U.S. and our allies will take precedence over talk shows and comedy and campaigning, no if's, ands, or buts. Our administration will take war and peace seriously. We realize this may seem uncool to some, but we really don't care. Peace is what we are about, and security. Not laughs."
    He didn't make that speech but it's not too late.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Are there any demonstrations or protests happening at the Egyptian or Libyan embassies in DC? We should be raising hell and calling for "death to_____!".

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    we should drop a nuke on their m************ ass

Them, Iran and N. Korea all at the same time. Then just to show how serious we are we should send a nuke to the moon to prove that we have no problem nuking something that doesnt piss us off what do you think we will do to you if you do piss us off.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    To be fair, and include all the information: there are protests and demonstrations going on in the cities where it took place by other citizens that are upset over what happened, holding signs apologizing to America, etc.
    Since that's going on, I wouldn't "blast" the whole area yet... but the ones that committed this act need to be found and skinned the **** alive!

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    ^^^And hung on display. Though I do admit I like the nuking the moon idea.

As a side note anyone familiar with Randy Newman song Political Science?

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Back in April 2009 obama went on his middle east apology tour and in Egypt and stirred it up over there. The Arab Spring came and the Muslim Brotherhood took over, something he supported. Last month the MB went to DC and met with staff at the Whitehouse. Bibi Netenyahau wanted to meet with Obama next week. Obama said he is to busy, has a meeting with letterman, Beyonce and Jay-z. But now Obama has made room to meet with who...next week but the Muslim Brotherhood. I had no respect for Obama before when he was my state senator, then my Us Senator and I definately don't have has President. He should stay at home and do his job, at least go to a daily breifing, no he didn't even do that after the events yesterday and headed to a fundraiser. What a fool, imagine it's the anny of 9/11 and the 11th one at that and embassyes left unguarded... sorry I would have had protection at each of them and I never made in past E-4 more then 40 years ago.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    People used to know "Not to **** with The United States" Now it's all about "Lets **** with them and they will buy us something". WTH happened?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ben Stein.
    Yeah, but doesn't he know this:
    freedomofexpression.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The other thread got itself closed by straying too much into religious territory, so this is the only active thread on the subject.

I'm wondering if we can have a discussion of these events without having it disintegrate into religious hysteria against muslims.

Oh....I wondered what happen.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The other thread got itself closed by straying too much into religious territory, so this is the only active thread on the subject.

I'm wondering if we can have a discussion of these events without having it disintegrate into religious hysteria against muslims.
    Religion is like a penis... It's normal to have one, and great to be proud of it. Just don't whip it out in public (aka talk about it on TGT) and try to shove it down people's throat.

IMHO, it's hard to talk about Muslim extremists without talking about their beliefs

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    American flags to be shipped overseas should be woven with cordite.
    Burn this mother****er!!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Religion is like a penis... It's normal to have one, and great to be proud of it. Just don't whip it out in public (aka talk about it on TGT) and try to shove it down people's throat.

IMHO, it's hard to talk about Muslim extremists without talking about their beliefs

It was turning into a dick measuring contest. "Well, this religion does this!" "Oh yeah? That religion did it, too!"

We can discuss this just fine by saying that some Muslims got upset at a video that was offensive and decided to get violent against US diplomats. That's about all that needs saying, IMO. But when it turns into people throwing stones back and forth about what religion is best/worst/equal, that's when stuff gets shut down.

Carry on.

Top Bottom