• ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I usually travel at the posted speed.
    A couple over, if it keeps me from tailgating or being tailgated.
    I really like a quarter mile in front and behind.
    Thus, I avoid interstates if possible.

So YOU ARE the moron doing 5-10 mph under the people around you. Just so you can keep that 1/4 mile open ahead of you.
    ARJ Defense ad

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It pisses me off to no end when people do that. You never know if they are going to use the center lane to merge, or if they are just pulling out in front of you. The center lane is for left turns, it is not a merge lane. When did they start teaching that in drivers ed?
    It's called the chicken lane for a reason ;)

Yeah, we’ll start a vent thread on lane splitters later.
    We had one a few years ago. Kinda ended when one guy said he was going to run over motorcyclists with his truck if they "skipped their turn"
    Rolling_Eyes_Smiley5.gif

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    It's called the chicken lane for a reason ;)

We had one a few years ago. Kinda ended when one guy said he was going to run over motorcyclists with his truck if they "skipped their turn" View attachment 140036
    Damn! That was gonna be my first post in that thread. Guess I’ll hafta modify it and say I’ll throw my door open when they start past me.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    As long as you are in the right lane and doing the posted speed limit I have no issues. The way I look at it is this: Are you going to pay my speeding ticket, are you going to take the points on my drivers license record, and are you going to pay the insurance premium increase? If no to all of those, go **** off. I pass when needed and always do the posted speed limit myself and rarely under unless I'm either in bad weather or there are hazards on the road.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Did you even bother to read his post?

Yes I did.

On 20, the speed average in the left lane is around 80 mph. Posted limit is 70 or 75. If he's in the left lane and going 70 he's impeding traffic, just so he can have 1/4 mile open ahead of him.

Sorry but that's being a passive aggressive control freak and causing traffic problems.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yes I did.

On 20, the speed average in the left lane is around 80 mph. Posted limit is 70 or 75. If he's in the left lane and going 70 he's impeding traffic, just so he can have 1/4 mile open ahead of him.

Sorry but that's being a passive aggressive control freak and causing traffic problems.

He never stated he was in the left lane.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Yes I did.

Read my last sentence again.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    As long as you are in the right lane and doing the posted speed limit I have no issues. The way I look at it is this: Are you going to pay my speeding ticket, are you going to take the points on my drivers license record, and are you going to pay the insurance premium increase? If no to all of those, go **** off. I pass when needed and always do the posted speed limit myself and rarely under unless I'm either in bad weather or there are hazards on the road.

Do you mean "right" lane, or correct lane?

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Do you mean "right" lane, or correct lane?
    Far right lane for the posted speed limit or under so you can be passed. I'm always in the right side lane unless I need to pass. If someone is doing 5 or 10 under, I pass on the left then promptly get into the right lane again. The topic about people just cruising the left side irritates me too, especially when they want to match your speed so you can't pass when needed.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Far right lane for the posted speed limit or under so you can be passed. I'm always in the right side lane unless I need to pass. If someone is doing 5 or 10 under, I pass on the left then promptly get into the right lane again. The topic about people just cruising the left side irritates me too, especially when they want to match your speed so you can't pass when needed.

Gotcha and agree!

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Or the piece of garbage that wants to ride the left lane and then haul ass just enough to get in front of you when they could clearly get behind you to get off on the exit. No, instead, they want to full throttle and slam the brakes on to hit the exit.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Or the piece of garbage that wants to ride the left lane and then haul ass just enough to get in front of you when they could clearly get behind you to get off on the exit. No, instead, they want to full throttle and slam the brakes on to hit the exit.
    I have noticed that that happens a lot here in Texas.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Not if people learned to drive and paid attention when doing so. For all the time I was stationed in and rode in Europe (over ten years), I lived in countries were lanesplitting was legal and common. I've personally experienced doing so at triple digit speeds coming out of Brussels in heavy traffic, and not only were drivers cognizant of motorcycles around them they even moved over in their lanes to allow room to pass. It is also common in the UK to let bikes pass to the front at stop lights. It just allows traffic to flow better, faster and more efficiently.

The problem in the US is that too many drivers think they own the road (hence the topic of this thread). For some reason people get upset when a motorcycle wants to go past them, like it's personal. In southern states like Texas it's better to let them pass as they are already contending with heat and inattentive drivers, no reason to add aggressive assholes to that list!

All it takes is one lane change by a car for that "lanesplitter" to be a long patch of grease on the road.

I don't care if it is legal some places, it ain't smart.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    All it takes is one lane change by a car for that "lanesplitter" to be a long patch of grease on the road.

I don't care if it is legal some places, it ain't smart.
    The concept for lane splitting is during rush hour traffic when the vehicles are bumper to bumper, it's not intended for posted speed flow.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

There's another group of people that are as bad or worse than the bandits. Those that sit in the right lane, going well below the posted limit and only speed up when they see people trying to merge.

Top Bottom