• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Know what you mean. My Armada loves it anywheres from 90-110.
    Comin out of the Rockies in Utah one day headed to Vegas (you know, downhill, flat and straight for hundreds of miles) I was runnin with about 8-10 other cars and we were all runnin right at 110. Been runnin for a couple hours and came upon the veritable Nevada DPS trooper in the median pointing right in our direction.

.....no one even checked up.

....dont know what the trooper was doin but he didnt come after us.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I do the same thing and when traveling cross country I drive with my lights on. It seems to let them see me coming better.

I usually don't get too close behind them for too long though. If they haven't made an attempt to get out of the way after a few seconds then they aren't gonna.

Rumor has it I have passed these ass hats with my tires in their lane a time or two. Just a rumor though and only in extreme cases.

Just to add I usually only do a few mph over the speed limit if any at all. It's not like I am flying by traffic at 20 over.
    I travel a lot, and I’m usually doing less than 5 mph over the posted speed limit.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I travel a lot, and I’m usually doing less than 5 mph over the posted speed limit.
    I usually travel at the posted speed.
    A couple over, if it keeps me from tailgating or being tailgated.
    I really like a quarter mile in front and behind.
    Thus, I avoid interstates if possible.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    This is my pet peeve. And it really pisses my off that HEB never says anything to them.

I actually count the items before getting in the lane if it's more then a few, though I will say that at real busy times and being a bit over the front end manager has directed me into the express lane even upon telling them that I was over.

Churchmouse

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    Indy west
    Quoted for truth...

My favorite is the ones driving slow (speed limit) in the fast lane, but then speed up when you try to go around them on the right.
    So many people are immersed in other things while driving they use you as a speed gauge. If you start to pass they see you and speed up to roll with traffic. Sometimes I can get one to really get rolling until they look up over the phone and realize they are 20 over the limit.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Bullshît. Dealing with the lanesplitters on two wheels is a MAJOR headace.

Not if people learned to drive and paid attention when doing so. For all the time I was stationed in and rode in Europe (over ten years), I lived in countries were lanesplitting was legal and common. I've personally experienced doing so at triple digit speeds coming out of Brussels in heavy traffic, and not only were drivers cognizant of motorcycles around them they even moved over in their lanes to allow room to pass. It is also common in the UK to let bikes pass to the front at stop lights. It just allows traffic to flow better, faster and more efficiently.

The problem in the US is that too many drivers think they own the road (hence the topic of this thread). For some reason people get upset when a motorcycle wants to go past them, like it's personal. In southern states like Texas it's better to let them pass as they are already contending with heat and inattentive drivers, no reason to add aggressive assholes to that list!

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    If I see somebody talking "at" their phone while driving I ram them. Put it to your ear like it was meant to be used.

Just doing my part to make the world a better place.
    Dawico got it covered.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm6.staticflickr.com%2F5161%2F5292651594_2c681c86a6_z.jpg

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Not if people learned to drive and paid attention when doing so. For all the time I was stationed in and rode in Europe (over ten years), I lived in countries were lanesplitting was legal and common. I've personally experienced doing so at triple digit speeds coming out of Brussels in heavy traffic, and not only were drivers cognizant of motorcycles around them they even moved over in their lanes to allow room to pass. It is also common in the UK to let bikes pass to the front at stop lights. It just allows traffic to flow better, faster and more efficiently.

The problem in the US is that too many drivers think they own the road (hence the topic of this thread). For some reason people get upset when a motorcycle wants to go past them, like it's personal. In southern states like Texas it's better to let them pass as they are already contending with heat and inattentive drivers, no reason to add aggressive assholes to that list!
    I hear you; however, lanesplitting ain't legal in any States other than California (that I'm aware of). And the imperative used to "sell" the idea in Cali was that the air-cooled bikes couldn't handle the stop and go gridlock. Well, I've ridden for a few decades and was on a bike on-the-job when I got hurt, so I'm sympathetic to the needs of folks on two wheels, but lanesplitting just isn't safe hereabouts. I like my mirrors and some of these big tricked-out touring bikes are a lot bigger (and wider) than some of these riders imagine. Nope, lanesplitting ain't legal here, and for good reason.

Oh, and yeah, all my big bikes were liquid-cooled. ;)

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As far as I know California is the only state, but they have been pushing for it here in Texas.

I will admit that I have lanesplit in California, but I wasn't going 50, 60 mph as many California riders do.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Much/most of my interstate driving has been in commuting traffic in Houston. Once traffic density reaches a certain level and speeds drop well below the limit, the whole "get out of the left lane unless you're passing" thing becomes a non-issue. There is no more fast lane or passing lane; they're all equal so they all fill up.

Under those circumstances and those circumstances only, I don't apologize for sitting in the left lane. There's no way to move over and we're all moving the same speed, anyway. Heck, the right lane is often moving fastest. You just never know.

However, there are folks who don't accept that. It doesn't matter if the traffic is less than a car length apart in every lane, some folks just love getting right on my rear bumper when I'm in the left lane. I'll move over if I can (I don't need no road-raging directed at me.) but if I can't, I pray for rain.

On rainy days, I move a foot or two to the left so that both of my left tires run over that groove between the road and the shoulder. You know the groove - the one that holds all the trash, dirt, oil, scum, and other detritus that blows into it during dry days. My tires then throw all that crap behind me and coat my tailgater with garbage.

I've never seen one fail to back off.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Sorry but the express lane was empty and the regular checkout had 5 people in it and the checker called me over or I would not have been in the express lane.

I was there with my wife yesterday too. Were you they guy in the express lane with a cart full of groceries?

(Just keeping with the theme of the thread)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Just to be clear, when you say "triple digits" are you talking kph, or mph?
    Because that makes a big difference.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The regard I was referring to, was left-lane bandits.
    Lane-splitting MC’s is a whole other issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah, we’ll start a vent thread on lane splitters later. We’re talking about left lane cruisers this week. One type of asshat at a time please.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom