• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brojon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    It was the best show I've been to in years.
    Underline twice the traffic was horrible.
    I took a couple of nice guns to attempt trades but the vendors I tried to haggle with acted like you were suppose to be stupid.
    I mean $400 for a VG Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in 44? One butthead stuck his nose up and said it wasn't interesting unless it was a 454 Casull.
    So that aspect was disappointing.
    I did walk out of there with one of my grail guns at a good price so I'm happy.
    Lots of good old guns - at very proud prices. I was lusting after a Stevens side by side 12 gauge that was priced way beyond what I could justify.

Brojon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Overall a damn decent show. People were willing to haggle a bit and there was great variety. Only ammo under academy prices was old stock 410 and 20 gauge ammo. I wound up with some new brass but regret not getting some brittle too. I'll go again and would consider getting a table myself in the future.
    To a degree... most were standing on their prices and I expected that as it was early the 1st day.

twptommy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2015
    We want to thank everyone who came out this past weekend to the Leander Show. We never expected a record breaking crowd and we also want to apologies for the parking mess. On Saturday, all the parked cars in the grass by the road created a bottleneck for people to get in and out. On Sunday, we fixed that problem which made the parking alot smother. We learned alot from our 1st show in Leander and will be making improvements to make the next show even better.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20240831_090319.jpg
      20240831_090319.jpg
      443.6 KB · Views: 17

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    We want to thank everyone who came out this past weekend to the Leander Show. We never expected a record breaking crowd and we also want to apologies for the parking mess. On Saturday, all the parked cars in the grass by the road created a bottleneck for people to get in and out. On Sunday, we fixed that problem which made the parking alot smother. We learned alot from our 1st show in Leander and will be making improvements to make the next show even better.

Thank you
    it was a great show! walked out with one of my grails. Looking forward to the next one

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    To a degree... most were standing on their prices and I expected that as it was early the 1st day.
    I was there midday on Sunday and overheard quite a few vendors cutting deals. I was even able to talk an ammo guy down a bit on some .22WMR. I got another guy to knock $50 off a 300BLK upper that I didn't really need. tbh I kinda wished he'd held firm so I would have had an excuse not to buy... oh well.

All in all it was a good show. I've missed them.

Brojon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX

Thank you
    I'm pleased as all get out to hear "the next show".
    We will support y'all for sure.

Brojon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I was there midday on Sunday and overheard quite a few vendors cutting deals. I was even able to talk an ammo guy down a bit on some .22WMR. I got another guy to knock $50 off a 300BLK upper that I didn't really need. tbh I kinda wished he'd held firm so I would have had an excuse not to buy... oh well.

All in all it was a good show. I've missed them.
    That's always the case. If you want something bad you gotta go early the first day and be prepared for minimal haggling.
    If it's there Sunday you can get better deals... on the leftovers.
    I'll guarantee the grail gun I picked up would not have lasted out Saturday. I was just lucky he asked a fair price. :)

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I didn't make this one but I'm also glad to hear that there will be a quality show for the Austin area again........been a long time

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    That's always the case. If you want something bad you gotta go early the first day and be prepared for minimal haggling.
    If it's there Sunday you can get better deals... on the leftovers.
    I'll guarantee the grail gun I picked up would not have lasted out Saturday. I was just lucky he asked a fair price. :)
    Well now you got me curious... what was your grail gun?

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gunnar
    Top Bottom