range day.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    We already have your SSN, blood type, DOB, cell phone, mothers Maden name, and what you had for dinner every night this week... I don't there is much more to gain from an order number...LMAO...I do crack myself up..

Yocan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Ellington
    so while were on a larue thread, can I just walk into the store? If so does anyone know the hours? I need a scope mount and cannot visualize the size I want in my head. Would they have mounts ready to purchase just sitting there?Thinking of swinging by it tomorrow.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Well, that's my last one. Well organized but too crowded it was disappointing.

Each line took 45 min to get to shoot and the drawings took 30 min then the cease fires took another 20 every two hrs. I stood in line 1.5 hrs to shoot my first time then it took another 2hrs before I got to shoot again. Then I decided just to watch others shoot as getting in line wasn't my idea of fun. Restroom lines and food lines were also there then the crowded sparcly stocked vendor tables.

I did get to see Chris Cosat shoot and sign a bunch of stuff. I got to shoot an OBR 10 rounds and a some plates with a Glock. I had five tickets and a chance at some cool stuff but didn't win anything. That's about it.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I didn't go because of the mad house it was last year. Too many people and too many lines to warrant paying to shoot guns that I've shot a million times before.

I'd rather pack up my own and shoot out there with a handful of people at whatever targets I want to.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I didn't go because of the mad house it was last year. Too many people and too many lines to warrant paying to shoot guns that I've shot a million times before.

I'd rather pack up my own and shoot out there with a handful of people at whatever targets I want to.

I honestly thought that this year there'd be fewer folks.. .. I think there were more.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Damn - I was bummed at having missed it...glad now that I was working! Flip side is....did a "WAG" quote today, customer said he'd go w/it. We'll see - but IF he does, then there *might* be a Barrett in my future....if I can get it ordered before the better half finds out!<G>

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well, that's my last one. Well organized but too crowded it was disappointing.

Each line took 45 min to get to shoot and the drawings took 30 min then the cease fires took another 20 every two hrs. I stood in line 1.5 hrs to shoot my first time then it took another 2hrs before I got to shoot again. Then I decided just to watch others shoot as getting in line wasn't my idea of fun. Restroom lines and food lines were also there then the crowded sparcly stocked vendor tables.

I did get to see Chris Cosat shoot and sign a bunch of stuff. I got to shoot an OBR 10 rounds and a some plates with a Glock. I had five tickets and a chance at some cool stuff but didn't win anything. That's about it.

I was bummed it was a Glock. Made me miss the first two shots at the plates. At least I sucked it up and knocked the rest of them down quick enough for having such a crap pistol. :p

Should have been a Sig. I'd have accepted a 1911, too. Hahahaha!

I stepped up to be our team's plate killer and didn't realize it was going to be a Block (but I suspected it). Sure enough, my first shot went high when my body said "wait, you need to use natural point of aim!" as the trigger broke on the first shot. Over-corrected and went low, but the rest were centered pretty well.

First time through, my buddy double-tapped the last popper with the Benelli (it didn't want to fall). I was impressed.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Worked the Geissele stage all day...about 1,800 folks this year (compared to 4k last year), or so Mark told me after the show. Long lines. Great brisket. Lots of entertaining folks. Learned to pronounce "Geissele." :)

Alex

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Went down Friday, stayed in Cedar Park Holiday Inn Express.

Range Day was windy and mostly lines. BBQ was excellent.

Dustin Of Top Shot was there, he is as nice in person as he was on the show.

I saw about 400-500 cars outside max. So I estimate 1500-2000 or so.

DSCN0557.gif

DSCN0558.gif

DSCN0553.gif

DSCN0552.gif

DSCN0551.gif

DSCN0550.gif

DSCN0548.gif

DSCN0547.gif

DSCN0546.gif

Top Bottom