• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Use Chrome browser = no more problems. Download from Google.

A common problem from the worst of the Virus/trojan programs is to attempt to disable your virus scan. The problem with the
    C:\Windows\system32\AVGRSSTX.DLL
    may have very well been modified by the infecting virus. When you use your computer just take a glance to make sure your protection is active, no matter whatever brand it is. If it is disabling itself, you probably have an infection.

Microsoft has recently radically improved their free anti-virus software Security Essentials. It is a worthwhile product when used in combination with the security updates. I use it on 3 of my computers. On 3 other computers I use McAfee Total Protection, but only load the Anti-Virus and Firewall portions.

If your computer is infected, the best software to clean it is Webroot, but it is not free. Webroot is a winner of many awards and reviews including PC Mag Editors Choice. I will probably move my McAfee protected computers to it this month.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    As far as security is concerned, there's one other point I'd like to make. For anyone like myself who uses a Mac for internet access but also uses a Windows laptop and/or shares files from the Mac to a Windows-based computer, you should use a thorough, purchased antivirus product to ensure no creepy crawlies migrate from your Mac to your Windows machine. If you're not trading files from a Mac, then freebie Mac antivirus programs like ClamXav are excellent and all that's needed, but when sharing files you've got to protect your Windows-based computer with something better. I use BitDefender for Mac, and even just recently it detected and eliminated two Windows trojans that were hidden in torrents. Anyway, just throwing that advice out there for consumption. Thanks.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    when i saw this thread title,

the first thing that came to my mind, was "Shoot it"

i thought you should know

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    when i saw this thread title,

the first thing that came to my mind, was "Shoot it"

i thought you should know

Think I may do it! Ha=HA Now wife's desk top is screwing up......think the driver is going bad. May have to buy a Mac or junk it for a PC with Windows 7. Heard it was much better than Vista.......wouldn't take much.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

or go balls to the wall security linux style.

For the record. screw google!
    everyhting about them is evil.

scroogle it and see for yourself
    www.scroogle.org

Top Bottom