Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Tim Walz temp promotion (weekend warrior) to E9 until his unit was called up to iraq, then quit, leaving his unit without a senior sargent. Bigger question, he was a school teacher, with a degree(?), why not an officer? Probably due to active duty committment. Turn-tail-and-run type. Wife says he had something to do with flying the Palestinian flag above the American flag.

Walz conditionally wore the rank of CSM and served in that role for about eight months, but officially retired as a MSG because he didn't finish a required training course (U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy), according to the records and a statement from the Minnesota Guard.

What really matters is what his DD 214 says his final rank was, which as someone running for VP he should be forced to produce a redacted copy (minus SSN and other PII) as they cannot be obtained through a FOIA request (only the veteran, a family member or a legal representative of the veteran can do so).

His "deployment" was to Italy in support of operations in Afghanistan, so he was never boots on the ground in that country.

As for retiring before being deployed to Iraq in 2005, he was eligible having over 20 years in and it's not uncommon for servicemembers to do so unless the Army imposes a stop-loss on them.

Granted, in recent times that's usually that's because the solider already has multiple deployments under their belt. His one "deployment" to Italy was more of a paid vacation than an actual deployment, so the claims he was ducking out of going to Iraq are most likely valid!

However, it's unlikely that a Battalion didn't have another SNCO who could step up to the responsibilities of a BN CSM.

When challenged about his not being entirely candid about his record "through artful omission" about where his overseas missions took him, Walz replied "There's a code of honor among those who've served, and normally this type of partisan political attack only comes from one who's never worn a uniform." However, the person who challenged him, Tom Hagen, is a military reservist from Waseca, MN.

As for not seeking a commission, that too is not uncommon as many enlisted personnel have degrees. Walz earned a BS in social science education (whatever that is!) from Chadron State College.

Ironically, not only did he enlist the same year I did (1981) but we both also earned a degree in the same year (but I did get a commission having completed ROTC).

While the degree requirements in 1989 were much lower than they are now (mainly only STEM degrees are sought), there is no reason he could not have pursued a commission unless either he wasn't interested or his National Guard leadership didn't think he was a good candidate to be an officer (which is odd as most units actively encourage personnel to do so).

What is most telling is his highest awards during his 24 years in the Army National Guard are an Army Commendation Medal and two Army Achievement Medals. I had my first achievement medal as an E-3 and first commendation medal as an E-4. Even as a MSG, he should have at least had one Meritorious Service Medal and something for his "deployment" to Italy.

Lastly, he admittedly joined the ARNG for the educational benefits (GI Bill) just as his father did. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but to paint it as some noble desire to serve is just more propaganda his election campaign managers dreamed up!

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Now this is leadership. Already rolling her policies out.
    Asshat

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    His military history doesn't interest me...his marxist actions or perhaps I should say 'in-actions' like letting 'blm' burn down Minneapolis with days of rioting without any police, ah interruption, yeah lets say 'interruption'...because (I'm paraphrasing) walz stated police intervention only causes more problems...this guy is marxist through and through.

His undying love for 'dei' is sickening.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Others should correct me here, but didn't he also say his old ARNG Bn was soley comprised of cooks and clerks, despite having completed the longest tour of any Bn in the GWOT?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Anybody see Vance roll up on Kamala earlier? How about the D team SS? How does this chick still have a job?
    Screenshot_20240807_205613_YouTube.jpg

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Well apparently she was in charge of the team and planning at the Trump rally.

And based on what we watched in Butler, PA, she has Tim Walz-level direct experience in actual in-the-field action.

Oh. Wait. Because of Butler, PA, she now has more experience than Walz...

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    So I guess it's obvious that Az is so full of retires that need the illegals to do their yards & pools. Hate to admit my Bro was anti trump and for McCain. Never could convince him of his error.

Top Bottom