Target Sports

just "how" wierd are ya., a study in eccentricities..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    One I just remembered.
    Whenever I go shooting I always leave one full mag of something caliber for the trip home.
    No matter if umpteen zillion rounds were fired out of eleventymillion guns ONE full mag/cylinder worth always makes the trip home.
    You know.....just in case.
    As a result there is a boatload of odd rounds rolling around on my desk at home. :roflfunny:
    Capitol Armory ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It got left up one night and I came out and found it up with my chain saws and all my tools exposed. I was lucky because it was around the holidays

It freaked me out and it made me paranoid about leaving it up

Lucky. My wife left the garage door open one day in mid-December. Came home to find every power tool I had was gone. Insurance really stepped up though. They gave me a big check, and told me to let them know if it wasn't enough. So I spent the week after Christmas re-stocking my tools. It was nice to have the new ones, but I was sick over a drill my dad had given me. The new one was much better, but I was very attached to the old one. Another fortunate thing for me was that I keep a folder with the instruction manual and receipt for every tool I buy. I had very good records to show the insurance adjuster.

I guess that file thing may qualify as weird. Just ignore that part.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    One I just remembered.
    Whenever I go shooting I always leave one full mag of something caliber for the trip home.
    No matter if umpteen zillion rounds were fired out of eleventymillion guns ONE full mag/cylinder worth always makes the trip home.
    As a result there is a boatload of odd rounds rolling around on my desk at home. :roflfunny:

I always leave a loaded mag/Tuff Strip in my pocket when I'm at the range for the same reason.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I will ad to this. I must sit somewhere in a restaurant with my back to a wall. I can't stand people walking up behind me. I need to be able to see the entire restaurant from wherever I sit. I will wait for certain tables to open.
    I worked 30+ yrs as a civilian in a police agency. I always took the restaurant chair with my back to the door, so that my uniformed companion(s) faced the door. With retirement came a natural need to become the "door-facer".

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    I eat one thing at a time on my plate
    I don't like food hot, just luke warm
    I sit with my back to the wall in restaurants too
    toilet paper must roll from the top (never had a cat)
    I'm very sound sensitive
    I hate pedicures, I don't even like to cut my own toe nails, I have to make myself cut them when they get so long it hurts.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Returning to bathroom etiquette.

In the full size prisons, when an Offender goes number 2, he may flush 4-5 or even more times. At first, I thought that was being deliberately wasteful until I was informed otherwise. Many of the toilets in the prison are open and in full view in a large room (like in the shower area). There are no stalls or partitions. They sit on the pot in the open with Offenders walking all around them! Privacy is non existent.

The Offenders live packed together so when one of them takes a dump, they flush repeatedly to keep the odor down. If too much smell gets around the room, the others begin to yell "Agua, Agua" as a demand for more flushing. Refusal to follow this code can be brutal.

Flash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Returning to bathroom etiquette.

I've been wearing flip flops in the shower for 20+ years. I started this habit after a particularly nasty fight with athlete's foot (which I finally cured with Lysol of all things) when I was a teenager, and haven't had any foot fungus issues since. Plus my flip flops always smell so fresh and so clean....

I also shave dry and when I can't find a razor, I'll shave with a Bic lighter.

I'm also strangely compelled to look at the toilet paper after I wipe.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I've been wearing flip flops in the shower for 20+ years. I started this habit after a particularly nasty fight with athlete's foot (which I finally cured with Lysol of all things) when I was a teenager, and haven't had any foot fungus issues since. Plus my flip flops always smell so fresh and so clean....

I also shave dry and when I can't find a razor, I'll shave with a Bic lighter.

I'm also strangely compelled to look at the toilet paper after I wipe.

...... keep THAT kind of, "ahem", SHIT, to yourself.. just a bit tmi

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    One I just remembered.

I always leave a loaded mag/Tuff Strip in my pocket when I'm at the range for the same reason.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Is that to say that neither of you carry a concealed handgun on your person?

Last edited:

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I hyper focus on things at times. I grunt when poked in the stomach or when I fall, can't help it don't like people who take advantage of that knowledge. I'm Rob not Bob, Bob is my grandpa.

After reading these a friend shared, and said I could post here, he's afraid of umbrellas to the point if it's going to rain he brings along some safety glasses and wares them if he sees an umbrella in or outdoors in his path.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    One I just remembered.

I do the exact same thing. I would feel so weird driving home with a bunch of empty guns.

Top Bottom