• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I found an easy way to get the wife to change the channel. When these shows come on and she stops to watch them I explain to her in graphic detail how they "exploit" their love for one another. She quickly changes the channel to something non-ghey lol

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    ...only in our current government enforced social structure.

Negative. The behavior creates additional costs for everyone by driving up costs of things, ignoring the government issue. Druggie employee does no work, surfs the net, and accomplishes nothing (this happens lots in big companies). The cost of maintaining him by the company causes, whatever their product or service is, price to increase. Thus driving up the amount they must received to stay in business. The company hasn't figured out that he contributes nothing. He is just part of the cost of running the company.

I heard a story last week about a guy in a big company who hated his job, and his boss. So he decided to surf the net, try to look busy when necessary, but to contribute absolutely nothing. Its been over a year, and no one there is any wiser to his trick. He appears busy to anyone who matters. But somehow his work / contribution is not measurable. He plans to keep the charade up as long as he can. This situation has nothing to do with your government model, but costs us all by driving up the price of the product, without him providing any viable benefit to the company.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Negative. The behavior creates additional costs for everyone by driving up costs of things, ignoring the government issue. Druggie employee does no work, surfs the net, and accomplishes nothing (this happens lots in big companies). The cost of maintaining him by the company causes, whatever their product or service is, price to increase. Thus driving up the amount they must received to stay in business. The company hasn't figured out that he contributes nothing. He is just part of the cost of running the company.

I heard a story last week about a guy in a big company who hated his job, and his boss. So he decided to surf the net, try to look busy when necessary, but to contribute absolutely nothing. Its been over a year, and no one there is any wiser to his trick. He appears busy to anyone who matters. But somehow his work / contribution is not measurable. He plans to keep the charade up as long as he can. This situation has nothing to do with your government model, but costs us all by driving up the price of the product, without him providing any viable benefit to the company.
    I was not sure what you meant by the Negative comment?

Nonperforming employees has always been a problem. From a corp view, small companies do rather well because everyone is in view most of the time. My guess is its less than 5%. Of that the bulk is due to family connections and as a result they are not going anywhere. When I worked at XYZ corp, small family owned, my highest paid employee was the brother of the CEO's wife. A high school drop out who cost me over $100k per year in my division. I was the CTO and outside of him the rest of the people were IT folks.

As the corps get bigger so do the % of oxygen thieves. Big public corps its at a solid 10% or better. Used to not be the case but the Feds run many corps in America today.

Now lets look at govt: Good grief, its a number approaching 25%. As a Program Manager with a lot of IT folks working for me the boss called me in one day and said: "its your turn!" Well turn for what? Joe is coming to work for me for a year, at the end of that time he will be transferred to another PM. Joe most likely could not spell IT let alone was an engineer. He ended retiring before the year was out. He got a $25,000 retirement bonus and retired with about $78k per year and life long medical. At the same week he retired from US Govt, he also retired from the Norfolk Independent School District where he worked as a FULL TIME school teacher. YES, he came about 0700, left at 815 and returned about 345, left for home at 5 SHARP.

RARE, LOL not hardly

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I dont get this libertarian argument of the world being black and white where we have total freedom or are totally controlled. The actual (non-idealized) reality of our country's history isn't this libertarian "utopia".

Some things increase the stability and strength of country and others weaken it.

You gotta realize that Libertarians are
    all over the board in different beliefs, somewhere between anarchists and republicans. It's not a narrower set of views like Rs or Ds.

Also two things on your struggle:

1 Jesus lived "in the world" and still did the right thing

2 Jesus never forced anyone to do anything. He led by by example when he could have taken the whole world over as Emperor or King.

Free will is a gift from God. It's what gives our lives meaning and purpose. I agree that chaos would ensue with no rules (I'm not an anarchist). But...we should be very careful about how far we take any rules. Obviously I think we've gone way too far when people judge right and wrong based on mans laws. That in itself is a sad indictment on our human condition.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well that's just piss poor management. If you don't have some measurable performance metrics where you can make sure your employees are meeting an acceptable level of productivity, then you're not doing your job as a manager. In a free market some other company that actually operates efficiently will eventually pop up and undercut the inefficient ones out of business.

What you describe sounds more like a government job :laughing:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Obviously I think we've gone way too far when people judge right and wrong based on mans laws. That in itself is a sad indictment on our human condition.

Thats the definition of people claiming they have ethics, they dont have morals.

Ive been talking with a couple of pastors and some Christians on another gun forum about how the universal Church and Christians are called to evangelize in the world without being contaminated by the world.

I honestly think as i grow in faith things will continue to make more sense to me and my course of action will be more clear. I have been convicted lately that I often seek a political solution to solve some of societies ills when I should be seeking a local faith based solution and working towards that.

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Well that's just piss poor management. If you don't have some measurable performance metrics where you can make sure your employees are meeting an acceptable level of productivity, then you're not doing your job as a manager. In a free market some other company that actually operates efficiently will eventually pop up and undercut the inefficient ones out of business.

What you describe sounds more like a government job :laughing:
    While that is true Dan, you cannot account for:
    Brother of CEO's wife
    Brother of the CEO
    Father of the CEO
    Wife of the CEO
    Daughter of the CEO

Gay

Lesbian

Black all looking to get fired or a reprimand and watch the lawsuits fly for discrimination

And YES I have worked where ever one of those was a reality...

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Not pointing out any specific comments in this thread... but I see an awful lot of closed-minded nonsense. I struggle with my own nonacceptance of others' (what I believe to be) immoral behavior and I certainly don't understand nor condone it. But as long as they cause no harm to others then I don't expect those folks to be "damned" either. I just don't feel comfortable being around them. If people do "intentionally" cause harm to others and it's egregious enough then I do believe there's a place in hell for those offenders... if there is a hell.

I've mostly lost my faith. I don't believe in a cruel Supreme Being. If He's cruel then why follow His laws? I guess I'm an agnostic these days. I do hope there's a forgiving benevolent being.

The bottom lines is that an awful lot of people just plain suck. But I only personally condemn those who "intentionally" hurt others with little or no regret. Those folks are (what I call) "evil". As long as folks leave me be and don't try to force their ideals on me or others then let them be. But stop the preaching and stop the forcing their ideals and agendas on me. Why I live alone in celibacy is to avoid "control"... and I do enjoy my freedom... lonely as that is sometimes. Ladies... take notice... some of us won't put up with incessant battles for control... though we do miss your other fine traits.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    qy2u4aby.jpg

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Orthodoxy or death!

Oh... okay. LOL!! So since I'm an agnostic I'm condemned? Or was the post intended as sarcasm?

Over a period of decades I slowly became an agnostic. And I sure as hell was never Catholic.:D I was raised a Presbyterian but when I became an adult I stepped out of what I was brainwashed to believe and began to think on my own. What I believe is that Creeds are evil tools that psychopathic hypocritical fools use to brain-wash folks into being controlled. While I DO HOPE there is a Supreme Benevolent Being, I do NOT believe He's a hateful cruel unforgiving killer.

In other words, I believe that 'spirituality is good' because it promotes kindness and good/healthy behavior... but all-too-often 'specific creeds and religions' are evil because they promote hatred and war.

Last edited:

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    We were asked to be tolerant of a practice that was kept in the bedrooms. Now it's in our living rooms and in our face.

I agree. I don't like it either and this is why I don't buy any TV services and don't watch much TV anymore at all. Let others do as they wish but don't shove their ideals in my face all the time. If TV is going to be so gay and political then I'll DO WITHOUT IT. My post (#217) has only to do with religious creeds and extreme intolerance/hatred. I don't hate GBLT... just don't shove it in my face all the time. What they don't seem to understand or accept is their constant bombardment of their so-called ideals PROMOTES resentment and hatred. I've grown beyond the hatred part but still resent said bombardment.

Post #217 has only to do with religious pompousity.

Top Bottom