• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Getting rid of my jeep. They screwed me over on my lifetime warranty and tried to charge me $6700 for a used engine

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    i just sold me Jeep to CarMax a few days ago. good riddance. my other Jeep is all Ford. :p

JoeB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Grapevine
    How many of y'all own a foreign car that is built in the USA? the Tundra is built in the USA and all the money goes to another country... this is just the opposite to what Jeep is going to do and if the money comes back to the USA is will be good....

Last edited:

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    How many of y'all own a foreign car that is built in the USA? the Tundra is built in the USA and all the money goes to another country... this is just the opposite to what Jeep is going to do and if the money comes back to the USA is will be good....
    Incorrect. All the people who work at the tundra plant get paid. That money stays here. All of the money for the American made parts and the salaries of those who make them stays here. American stock holders of Toyota stock...their money stays here. I would rather buy a non UAW Toyota than any big 3 Obama motors, UAW union crap.
    Toyota, Hyundai, BMW and others who build in the states, do as much or more for Americans, than "American" car makers, who make their products in Mexico, Canada and China.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    That old 1970s argument doesn't hold water.

Wife drives a Honda Accord... built in Ohio by Americans out of 88% US produced parts. Workers, parts suppliers, delivery drivers, warehouse staff, transport drivers, dealership employees all get to keep their American dollars made off of it... while lots of big ole 'Merican trucks are being built in Mexico using a LOT of cheap ass Chinese parts. My GMC (built in Indiana)has Chinese brake rotors, calipers, electronics, etc.

Make sense of that.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Are you sure the profits stay in the USA? if so I stand corrected....
    Its a global economy....SOME money goes to other countries, just like when you buy an "American" car....some money goes to other countries.
    My point is that I would rather pay good, non union, workers to build my vehicle in the U.S. before I pay some dope smoking union thug who wants $46 an hr to sweep the floor and wants the government to supplement his union when it proves to be a bad business model.

I would rather pay a Texan to build a Tundra here, than a Canadian or Mexican to build a Ford or Chevy in Canada or Mexico.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    My wife's 07 unlimited blew an oil pump, 2 rods, and all the crank bearings With 74,000 miles.

The guy who put the new motor in it had some students blow a 3.8 jeep wrangler engine with less than 20,000 miles on it.

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    American auto makers are very successful in China for the local market. The danger for us is the loss of intellectual properties shared between the automakers and their local JV partners as well as the rest of the local supply chain. The local guys are getting stronger and more profeccient using what the US automakers taught them.

Top Bottom