• ...and so much more!
  • SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    SA Steve,

FYI, DOLLAR GENERAL here in The Alamo City has both 91% alcohol & alcohol-based hand sanitizer for 2.99 per quart.

yours, satx
    Don't really need it, I've got a dozen big bottles of the 91% iso-prop from WalMart. Bought long before the current events. My favorite hand wash and mild solvent for garage, minor medical, and household clean up projects.

aussamdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2019
    South of Houston
    The same people who made a run on toilet paper bought the alcohol. Made their own sanitizer and selling it on Ebay for $30. Or they have 200 bottles hoarded in their garage surrounded by cases of water, toilet paper, paper towels, diapers, baby wipes and 4 freezers full of meat.

I use alcohol prep pads for a medical condition and they apparently bought all those too for some odd reason. I eventually found a store brand one day though they've disappeared since then too.
    I am using 20 gauge cleaning patches soaked in alcohol for my sterilizing site. If it helps.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I miss-read your post. I thought at first you had a 99% Indian Pale Ale. Though dang. . You have robust yeast. Then my coffee kicked in and figured you mean isopropyl-alcohol.

texas42,

That is called a BRAIN CRAMP or perhaps WISHFUL THINKING. --- OR it could be what my 1st cousin, who is known to be a wag & "punster deluxe", calls: WISHFUL DRINKING.

Btw, I'll bid 3 marks.
    (CHUCKLE)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You can't because nobody has bid 2 yet.

TxStetson,

At the private club where I play, you CAN bid 126 over 42.
    (The last GREAT hand that I had, I got a perfect lay-down in 3s = the top 5 threes, the double-6 & the six/five. - Had NOT gotten one of those in a while.)

yours, satx

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    TxStetson,

At the private club where I play, you CAN bid 126 over 42.
    (The last GREAT hand that I had, I got a perfect lay-down in 3s = the top 5 threes, the double-6 & the six/five. - Had NOT gotten one of those in a while.)

yours, satx
    The way I was raised and still play, 2 is the limit unless someone has already bid 2 then you could go up to 3. I once had a perfect laydown hand in 6's but was 1st bid and quickly overbid by everyone else at the table, who all seemed to be going nello. Figure the odds.

It's been at least 20 years and I can still see that hand in my mind.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    TxStetson,

Fwiw, in addition to being a 42 addict, I also once played a LOT of Duplicate Bridge for cash, at the Jewish Community Center in Hot Springs, AR.
    (BEST NOT sit down at a table there unless you are a SHARK, too, as NONE of the players there are "minnows". = I wasn't all that good but my partner was once the youngest Grand Master in the USA & in those days, I played a really solid, though uninspired, Standard American. - Sadly she is "Gone to the BIG Tournament in the sky", now.)

In all those years, I got ONE perfect hand. = All 13 Diamonds BUT did not get the bid.
    South bid a grand slam in Spades & went down 3, doubled by "Mingyan"!!!
    (What I said under my breath is utterly UNPRINTABLE on this forum.)

Note: Every bridge player that I know has a "bridge story". - That one is MINE.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    I'm buying Everclear by the half-gallons. Use it to sanitize any softeners we work on or install, and add 25% (by volume) Aloe to it for my hand sanitizer (the Aloe keeps it from drying out your skin). Actually got stopped last week in a small town - I had brought along some to refill my spray bottles with and had placed it on the passenger seat of my truck. Cop asked me about it (it was about half full) - I explained why I'm carrying it, offered to let him look at my spray bottles. He just laughed and said right now, he isn't sweating the small stuff. Let me off w/a warning (38 in a 30 - I honestly didn't see the sign) and I went on.
    I HAVE seen some half-liter generic hand sanitizer in Walmart recently. Supply may finally be catching up.
    I hope so, I scored a bottle of alcohol at Walmart yesterday for $1.88 holy crap (it's $20 on Ebay). They had 8 or 9 left what has happened to us geez...

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    The same people who made a run on toilet paper bought the alcohol. Made their own sanitizer and selling it on Ebay for $30. Or they have 200 bottles hoarded in their garage surrounded by cases of water, toilet paper, paper towels, diapers, baby wipes and 4 freezers full of meat.

I use alcohol prep pads for a medical condition and they apparently bought all those too for some odd reason. I eventually found a store brand one day though they've disappeared since then too.
    I recently saw many boxes of alcohol prep pads for sale at Sam's Club in Texarkana, they had an abundance. The 91% alcohol comes up for sale in Walmarts near me a few times per week but in small quantity and is sold out fast. Also saw it this week in CVS or Walgreens, can not remember which one. I had a couple of few bottles of it and of the 70 something percent type as well. Have always had that on hand for first aid and for disinfectant because I keep reptiles. Have not been able to find any alcohol gel.
    I'm buying Everclear by the half-gallons. Use it to sanitize any softeners we work on or install, and add 25% (by volume) Aloe to it for my hand sanitizer...
    Where in hades do you find aloe gel? That has disappeared from the earth near me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Head over to the paint section and grab a quart of denatured alcohol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom