• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I’ve looked at the local Dollar store, Sam’s, Brookshires, & went to CVS yesterday but it’s just not to be found. The manager @ CVS told me that store hasn’t had any since all this shit first started. It’s hard to believe I can’t buy a fucking bottle of rubbing alcohol.

I’d think as many new distillers of all the hand crafted micro brews & spirts that rubbing alcohol would be easy to produce, bottle and sell? Must not be?
    Guns International

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    The same people who made a run on toilet paper bought the alcohol. Made their own sanitizer and selling it on Ebay for $30. Or they have 200 bottles hoarded in their garage surrounded by cases of water, toilet paper, paper towels, diapers, baby wipes and 4 freezers full of meat.

I use alcohol prep pads for a medical condition and they apparently bought all those too for some odd reason. I eventually found a store brand one day though they've disappeared since then too.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm buying Everclear by the half-gallons. Use it to sanitize any softeners we work on or install, and add 25% (by volume) Aloe to it for my hand sanitizer (the Aloe keeps it from drying out your skin). Actually got stopped last week in a small town - I had brought along some to refill my spray bottles with and had placed it on the passenger seat of my truck. Cop asked me about it (it was about half full) - I explained why I'm carrying it, offered to let him look at my spray bottles. He just laughed and said right now, he isn't sweating the small stuff. Let me off w/a warning (38 in a 30 - I honestly didn't see the sign) and I went on.
    I HAVE seen some half-liter generic hand sanitizer in Walmart recently. Supply may finally be catching up.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Not really. What the **** does that mean anyway?

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      8.2 KB · Views: 995

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    Watch or monitor NextDoor. People will post on there when a local store has some. Also you might have to make a daily trip to your stores and grab it when it comes in. That's what we have done and were able to pick up the out of stock items like hand sanitizer or the aloe/isopropyl homemade version.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Last week I was in Sam's during the early old-people time.
    As I walked through an employee was loading the shelves with 16oz hand sanitizer and offered me one. Yes, sure.
    Got home and checked the receipt, $8. Supply and demand at work.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Last week I was in Sam's during the early old-people time.
    As I walked through an employee was loading the shelves with 16oz hand sanitizer and offered me one. Yes, sure.

Got home and checked the receipt, $8. Supply and demand at work.

SA Steve,

FYI, DOLLAR GENERAL here in The Alamo City has both 91% alcohol & alcohol-based hand sanitizer for 2.99 per quart.

yours, satx

Top Bottom