• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Do you remember back in in the 1980s Ronald Regan signed law that included the Hughes Amendment that banned production of new machine guns?

We don't consider Ronald Regan anti gun do we? But what was his voting history.

Reagan started the anti-gun avalanche in CA when he signed the Mulford Act.

effnoldguy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    North Central Texas
    If you think you're better off with Obummer concerning any individual rights, you better do a lot more research. Reagan has nothing to do with the current situation. Some people have grass for brains.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    The shootings of JFK, RK and MLK and the dems went for the 1936 Nazi gun control act. Set Dodd form Conn, copied what the Nazi's did and created the 1968 Gun Act. If you will read the reasoning for the act you will find that it was put into law "to keep guns out of the hands of blacks"

Take a few mins go to youtube and watch the segments of "No Guns for Negros" This is not racisit and goes into great detail of push by the democrats to keep guns out of the hands of african americas. It's in 3 sections but just after watching the 1st you will understand what was done and it is so wrong.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    The truth is it doesn't matter what any one of us votes. Romney will win in Texas and he will therefore get all the electoral votes from Texas. That is known by Romney's camp, Obama's camp, and anybody who knows anything about politics. I for one am glad for that, as I will not have to endure the displeasure of checking his name on my ballot. So for those who think we better get on board with Romney, go ahead an hop on. I've got another train to catch.

I'll be voting for the Libertarian Presidential candidate, Gary Johnson. He has been pretty clear that he stands behind the second amendment. My conscience is clear in voting for him.

Having said all that....If the presidential vote was a popular vote or Texas truly had a race on its hands, I would plug my nose, vote Mitt, then go wash that puke taste out of my mouth. I don't like him, but I hope he beats Obama.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    One more thing. At least he has a good VP selected. Cause if he makes it and anything happens to him, we'll be in good hands.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The shootings of JFK, RK and MLK and the dems went for the 1936 Nazi gun control act. Set Dodd form Conn, copied what the Nazi's did and created the 1968 Gun Act. If you will read the reasoning for the act you will find that it was put into law "to keep guns out of the hands of blacks"

Take a few mins go to youtube and watch the segments of "No Guns for Negros" This is not racisit and goes into great detail of push by the democrats to keep guns out of the hands of african americas. It's in 3 sections but just after watching the 1st you will understand what was done and it is so wrong.

The event that spurred Mulford in CA was armed blacks marching on (and into an active session of) legislature.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX

yup.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    IMHO it is a moot point. We aren't voting for Obama and Romney is the only other choice.
    It's not moot because if Mitt get's elected we can't just relax and say, "Ah... we're safe now." We're going to have to work hard to remind him why he was elected.

Personally I don't see Romney as having much of a personal stance on anything. I see him as more of the type of politician that will be whoever he thinks his party wants him to be at that moment. That can be both good and bad.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    It's not moot because if Mitt get's elected we can't just relax and say, "Ah... we're safe now." We're going to have to work hard to remind him why he was elected.

Personally I don't see Romney as having much of a personal stance on anything. I see him as more of the type of politician that will be whoever he thinks his party wants him to be at that moment. That can be both good and bad.
    +10000000

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas

All politicians need to be watched, I said it was a moot point as to who we voted for.

BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    Before stirring the Anti-Romney pot, it would be good reading to know the truth which may be found in the September 2012 National Rifleman Magazine, Page 14...Concerning such accusations !

^^^ Yes, very good point! I received the magazine yesterday...read it today. Everyone MUST READ!

Come on guys, he simply needed to stay in office in his "more middle ground/LEFT" State. He will not touch our guns, at least the ones of us that are not criminals.

Again, VOTE! If anything, consider it as a VOTE against Obama. Also, voting for anyone else other than Romney is a vote FOR Obama...think about it...

Ol Zeke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Burleson, TX
    He's not, which is why I'm not going to vote for him. I'm going to vote against Obama, which means that I'm checking Romney on the ticket...

Obama really pissed me off with his comments after Aurora.

I’m sorry to say that this has been the impetus behind most of my voting history. Sad, really sad.:1zhelp:

Top Bottom