• ...and so much more!
  • Is Bill Miller's BBQ?

• Yes

Votes: 6 15.4%
    • No

Votes: 12 30.8%
    • It's aight

Votes: 12 30.8%
    • Moonpie should be executed with a Glock for asking such a question.

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It’s barbecue. Not great bbq though. I usually get the two meat plate (brisket, sausage) with pintos, potato salad, and cole slaw when I’m forces to go.

Their slaw is vinegar based and the tater salad is more salad than tater. I hate the green beans w/tomatoes and the has browns.

I do half & half on the tea.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I hate the green beans w/tomatoes
    The wife loves them and I am not veggie fan, but like them, too.If she gets two sides, it is green beans and green beans.
    I do half & half on the tea
    It is the only way. And it is still often too sweet. I asked them once if they could do an Arnold Palmer? "Wut?"

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Although there are 75 locations, none is close enough for me to find out if their BBQ is good.
    From the comments here that may be a good thing.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    The FIL used to swear by it. Until he started to swear at it. When we would visit the outlaws is SA it was the place we had to go. Then they moved to The Big Town and it was not. I never really liked it. As the halibut boat captain used to say “It will make a turd”. Which is the best I can say.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My friend Leon took me there saying it was great. The best thing about it was while he was fiddle phucing around I watched the law sweep in and remove someone from their vehicle in what I could only guess was a DEA or task force drug apprehension. Leon missed it happing which was pretty funny, but not as fun as the shit I gave over the food.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It was apparently good in the 70s...Now it's on par with Dickie's and other big chain, low quality BBQ joints. Eating there won't kill you, but...it won't be a meal that'll impress you.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    It was where many of us AF reservists went for lunch on drill weekends.
    Back in the 80’s and 90’s, it was good and fairly priced. The condiment bar feature pico, sliced onions in vinegar, pickles, and white and dark bread - all you care to eat.
    I have not been there in over a decade.

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    If I had a choice of bill miller's or no bbq, I'd pick no bbq. I don't understand san Antonio's obsession with it.

But I will say this, as low as I think about Bill Miller's, I did eat all the bbq. I can't say the same for blacks in New Braunfels. That's the only place I walked out and left bbq on the tray.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    can't say the same for blacks in New Braunfels.
    qpypXh.gif

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Who is Bill Miller?

Regional barbecue tycoon. Big in the 70s and 80s.

William T. "Bill" Miller and Ila Faye Miller co-founded a poultry and egg delivery business in 1950 from a $500 loan. The restaurant was officially founded in 1953 when they expanded the business into a fried chicken take-out restaurant. The menu eventually incorporated hamburgers, and then shifted into a barbecue restaurant. The second restaurant opened in February 1963.

-----------

In the early 1950s, Bill Miller Bar-B-Q was one of the first to offer quality food-to-go in five minutes, something almost unheard of at the time. Its concept of serving barbecued meats and fresh pies and breads on a daily basis from a central commissary was unique to its industry. Miller designed the original barbecue pits he used in the 1950s and the large industrial sized ones used today, which can cook up to 2,500 pounds of brisket at one time in 18 to 20 hours.

Top Bottom