• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Tactically sounds like an IFF failure.

Also sounds like Biden admin is trying to weasel out of responding - "has yet to find evidence..." :banghead:

---
    The U.S. failed to stop a deadly attack on an American military outpost in Jordan when the enemy drone approached its target at the same time a U.S. drone was also returning to base, U.S. officials said Monday. The return of the U.S. drone led to some confusion over whether the incoming drone was friend or foe, officials have concluded so far.

The enemy drone was launched from Iraq by a militia backed by Tehran, U.S. officials said. The outpost, Tower 22, sits in Jordan, near the borders of Iraq and Syria.

An American defense official said on Monday that the U.S. has yet to find evidence that Iran directed the attack, which killed three U.S. troops and wounded dozens of others. The drone struck living quarters for the troops, contributing to the high casualties, a U.S. official said.
    Lynx Defense

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Where the F is Harry Truman when we need him? Temporally divert every TLAM sub we have to the area and do a simultaneous strike on every Iranian oil producing plant as well as the uranium site(s). Tell them they all came from one DDG. Send the drones after political targets of opportunity. Minimal human risk on our part.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Now the report is that we landed a drone and turned off the radar system - the enemy drone just followed ours and boom. This is typical for remote stations that aren't really expecting any action. Kinda like US citizens that don't keep their head on a swivel. Or get tired of being 'on the lookout'.
    Yup, FJB and Winkin are trying to act like something will happen - nothing burger.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Now the report is that we landed a drone and turned off the radar system - the enemy drone just followed ours and boom. This is typical for remote stations that aren't really expecting any action. Kinda like US citizens that don't keep their head on a swivel. Or get tired of being 'on the lookout'.
    Yup, FJB and Winkin are trying to act like something will happen - nothing burger.
    Someone needs to get their ass canned for this. I got a buddy in Jordan and he can't say where exactly he is, but I suspect he is there since his internet was cut until notifications were made. The C-RAM would have made short work of that drone.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    IMG_9599.png

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Is this correct? What is US goal? Needs to be exit strategy.

View attachment 430396
    I have a few questions about why we went, but whatever... I have a lot more problems with us staying.

Go in, do the work, then go home.

I think destroying Iranian drone factories with a volley of cruise missles, and stepping out of Isreal's way for them doing what they think best for them would serve several purposes.

1) An appropriately disproportionate response for the death of three Americans.

2) Help prevent additional attacks

3) Make Iran responsible for actions taken by those who they provide weapons

4) Ultimately a very inexpensive way to protect our honor and interests while also supporting the overlapping interests of Isreal and Ukraine

5) Minimal risk of escalation (but never under estimate bidens ability to F something up)

This should have been launched within hours of the precipitated attack.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    History can teach you a lot if you don't erase it (or alter the truth) unfortunately libtards can't learn and prefer to lie and make excuses, that being said...... NO ONE should expect "anything" from Obiden......that differs from peanut farmer Carter. Expect for quite possibly a bigger fuckup in the desert.
    Johnny

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have a few questions about why we went, but whatever... I have a lot more problems with us staying.

Go in, do the work, then go home.

I think destroying Iranian drone factories with a volley of cruise missles, and stepping out of Isreal's way for them doing what they think best for them would serve several purposes.

1) An appropriately disproportionate response for the death of three Americans.

2) Help prevent additional attacks

3) Make Iran responsible for actions taken by those who they provide weapons

4) Ultimately a very inexpensive way to protect our honor and interests while also supporting the overlapping interests of Isreal and Ukraine

5) Minimal risk of escalation (but never under estimate bidens ability to F something up)

This should have been launched within hours of the precipitated attack.

In addition, I would take out their navy (what of it there is), wipe out their naval docks. Cluster munitions from cruise missiles over their air force bases to take out aircraft.

Take out a refinery or two and a few oil production platforms as good measure.

And that is for a start.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    In addition, I would take out their navy (what of it there is), wipe out their naval docks. Cluster munitions from cruise missiles over their air force bases to take out aircraft.

Take out a refinery or two and a few oil production platforms as good measure.

And that is for a start.

Carefully selected targets to gut check them. I'm A-OK with it.

You give someone a glove to slap me with, I put on a glove and send you to next week...

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I am pretty sure the government has profilers who can guess how foreign heads of state or military leaders might respond. You make a prediction, if it comes true, the theory or assumptions underlying that prediction are validated. If it turns out to be false, you check your theory and assumptions and refine the model. Repeat until you are pretty good at it. This means the resulting model should be independent of who sits in the White House: Republican or Democrat. It is ridiculous that the US changes how it deals with Iran, Russia or China with every change in party in the White House. The leaders of those countries do not change very often, which means they can use the same techinques against us, with one difference: they can play one party against another.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom