• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Taurus. Do not want.

Have you looked at the S&W ez? Easy to rack, and a halfway decent SA trigger. Even a well tuned DAO trigger will need to be over 5lbs to endure reliability in my experience

Yes, our Son the ATF Guy has the S&W ”ez”, a P365, several GLOCKS, a few 1911’s. etc. We also have numerous semi-auto’s, 2 or 3 J-frames, etc.
    Son has advised us to stick with the G19’S.

At this point, I’m “just looking”, and this Taurus caught my eye. I may even look for a better carry rig for the Python. The arthritis pretty much rules-out using .357 ammo, anyway.

As I’ve used Taurus’ for years with zero problem, I’m confident.

I have had problems with Kimber and Beretta.

leVieux
    Target Sports

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Look for one of these - even if it has a longer barrel. This is my pre-10 S&W. Smooth as silk and soaks up the recoil. I would be willing to bet you can pick one up similar to this for less than that Taurus, or about the same price.
    20220602_215842.jpg

Alpha.Geek

Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Just get a Stainless GP-100 in .357 Mag, those are "pretty executive"...
    AND you can fire .357 MAG, AND a steady diet of them, no less, if you want too OR put .38 SPL in her too.
    Mince is just as accurate for me with .357 MAG or .38 SPL.
    (Granted, if I've had too much coffee, call me Mr. Shakey-hands, and I can have a bad day,
    Even at 50yd, mine runs .38 SPL and .357 Mag wonderful, and less preceived recoil due to the STEEL-weight.)

They look wonderful polished...
    1654226697847.png

.38, three-smirdy-eight
    Gimme a Stainless with some FULL-HOUSE .357 Mag ANY DAY over a .38 SPL!

AND you can get those in 7-shooters, too, now!

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Reviewed on youtube.

I personally like my Ruger LCR 38 which potentially could fit in a pocket and even be fired through a pocket but 5 shots. I think the only reason to bob the hammer is really for not snagging on clothes. Otherwise I like the capability of single action in a revolver.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Is that extra round really important? There's good reason why the S&W J-frame is so popular. Enough firepower in a small, easily concealable package, easy to carry. Things can be overthought.

One of the reasons I switched from an LCR to the 856 was for that extra round. I'm used to shooting double-taps, and having an even number of rounds helps with that. My failure drill involves two to the chest and two to the face....

etmo

Well-Known
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I'm lucky not to have arthritis, so I don't understand how a heavy trigger in a small revolver is helpful.

If one's joints are stiff and sore, wouldn't a lighter SAO trigger, as in a 1911/2011, be preferable, since it would require much less joint movement and effort?

And wouldn't a more full-size gun with a full-size grip enable stiff, sore hands to spread out and be comfortable, as opposed to trying to grip on a tiny nub of wood?

I'm sure it's a fine gun and a good value, just wondering about the tie-in to arthritis, nothing more. Hey, I might be in that situation some day, so it strikes me as good info to have.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Taurus has been hit and miss for me too.
    They are "ok" firearms IMO, but just "ok"

The ones that continue to work for me are:
    - G2C (ready for sale)
    -G3 (excellent shooter)
    -G3C (replaced the G2C)
    -PT145 (snappy .45 compact)
    - 605 (My executive boot gun)
    - 66 (primary.357 load tester)
    -627 tracker (mounted a pistol scope, shoots great at 50 yds)

The ones that have failed me:
    - PT 111 (firing pin broke 3 times) sold it
    - 608 (Cylinder timing went haywire... Would skip a round every so often.) Sold it.
    - 85 (Cylinder blew up with standard INDEPENDENCE.38 Special) Taurus replaced it, but sold the new one.

Pistol Pete

May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I have a S&W 9mm EZ. It is a lot easier to rack than most autos. It has a decent single action trigger pull. Even with arthritis I still carry a 642, it's lighter and will carry in a front pocket. At some point I'll prolly carry the EZ in an outside holster. I also have a G19, the EZ is lighter, easier to rack, has a better trigger, handles recoil better for me, It has a grip safety that you have to get used to(you have to grip the gun tightly or it won't fire)..

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I don’t much experience with Taurus . I did have a Raging Bull in .454 Casull . Sold it a few years back.

Never had a problem with it though. It had a decent trigger right outta the box & once I found the load it liked it proved to be very accurate. I killed a lot of hogs with it while I had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom