• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

As our arthritis makes handling semi-autos increasingly difficult, I’ve been looking at revolvers, again.

Ran across this yesterday:

https://www.taurususa.com/executivegrade.

I wonder if anyone here has one or has seen/handled one ?

The old Python seems very big and the J-frames are handy, especially the “Scandium” & “Airlites”; but 5 rounds is fewer than 6 rounds.

If you have one, or have handled one, please comment.

Merci,

leVieux
    Hurley's Gold

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm not a fanboy for Taurus, but I've never had a problem with one of their revolvers. However, my experience is limited mostly to their smaller snub nose 85 type revolvers. AND, I've had a few of their semi-autos that worked quite perfectly, and a couple that did were crap.

We're I on a budget or wanting a truck gun or one to beat around, I would give that Taurus try. That looks like a nice revolver.

I didn't see the MSRP.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    >

As our arthritis makes handling semi-autos increasingly difficult, I’ve been looking at revolvers, again.

Ran across this yesterday:

https://www.taurususa.com/executivegrade.

I wonder if anyone here has one or has seen/handled one ?

The old Python seems very big and the J-frames are handy, especially the “Scandium” & “Airlites”; but 5 rounds is fewer than 6 rounds.

If you have one, or have handled one, please comment.

Merci,

leVieux
    If you don't mind a slightly bigger frame, for what the MSRP is on that Taurus, you might want to look at a S&W 686 Plus. 7rds.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I'm not a fanboy for Taurus, but I've never had a problem with one of their revolvers. However, my experience is limited mostly to their smaller snub nose 85 type revolvers. AND, I've had a few of their semi-autos that worked quite perfectly, and a couple that did were crap.

We're I on a budget or wanting a truck gun or one to beat around, I would give that Taurus try. That looks like a nice revolver.

I didn't see the MSRP.

It is more expensive than some similar Smith’s. I think this is their first “custom” finished offering to the U S market and TaurusUSA really wants to get it right. I have/had several Taurus’ with ZERO problem. Now, Kimber was a different story. I have had some spectacular Beretta failures.

I have thought of carrying two of the S&W Scandium J-frames, they are a pleasure to CC.

leVieux

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I am not a Taurus fanboy by any means, however I own a 605 that has never failed and is wicked accurate. I saw this an I would love to see one. Owned a K6 briefly and that was a colossal waste of money. This little 605 out shot it for a 3rd of the price. The new Taurus has all of the things I would get done to a revolver to carry. If I see one I will give you a report.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've had a couple of Taurus' in the past. They always went bang, never had a single issue with them. I just didn't care for the trigger.
    They make great truck guns for sure, but weren't range-worthy to me.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    An interesting story about the satin model 85. We were all driving down a long dirt road near Matagorda, Texas. There was a 5 ft rattler stretched out across the road. So, we stopped and all got out, and my brother-in-law retrieved my sister's model 85 and missed it four times- each time he fired the snake changed direction.

My sister said, "give me my darn gun", and took the last shot. She blew the rattlers head clean off. She handed the Taurus back to my brother-in-law and said, "now reload my pistol and put it back in the console".

She had earned bragging rights for the rest of that weekend!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I like the lines
    and it also looks like it would be a nice gun to shoot. It does have an right off the bat it's missing an important part an exposed hammer.

The tech stuff did say that the hammer was “removable”. I’d really like to know if this was really “DAO” or if it is a SA/DA absent an external hammer.

When I was young, long ago, we shot lots of revolvers and rarely used the double-action mode.

I understand that now folks are taught to use DA only for defense ?

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom