• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The fact is these statements by the GW are incorrect:

1) the property owners son has no legal wright to grant me access to the property since it is on lease.
    2) He said that the only people that can allow me out there are the actual property owner and the guy who leases the pastures for hay.
    3) If I wanted to continue to use the property, since it is currently on lease, I had to get with my buddies dad and draw up paperwork allowing me on the lease.

1) Sounds like the GW is unfamiliar with the terms of a hay lease. I am also. With the leases I have signed in my life, the owner of the property and his family cannot allow people to enter the property, unless the lease specifically allows for it (eg maintenance, emergency etc).
    2) Could be true. We don't know the type of relationship this property owner has with his son, and whether the son is allowed to "speak for" the owner. There are plenty of idiot sons out there.
    3)Similar to 1).
    Capitol Armory ad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    1) Sounds like the GW is unfamiliar with the terms of a hay lease. I am also. With the leases I have signed in my life, the owner of the property and his family cannot allow people to enter the property, unless the lease specifically allows for it (eg maintenance, emergency etc).

Yes, it is pretty clear in this thread that folks who have never done an ag-lease really do not understand how it is done. They seem to think it is like leasing an apt, and the leasee has complete control. No offense intended.

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    Yes, it is pretty clear in this thread that folks who have never done an ag-lease really do not understand how it is done. They seem to think it is like leasing an apt, and the leasee has complete control. No offense intended.

Yup, its a different animal completely. I just wish I still was able to do it. Hated having to get rid of the ranch. :(

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You're right, when I read the OP I had a WTF reaction, because I have only leased apartments. Seems like a GW should know better though.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    2) You do not need a lease to hunt on property, but in general you should have the owner's permission, not someone in his family.

Looks like permission in Harris county needs to be in writing. This is the only county 3.3M or greater in Texas as of last census.

Sec. 62.012. WRITTEN CONSENT TO HUNT OR TARGET SHOOT REQUIRED. (a) This section applies only to a county having a population of 3.3 million or more. This section does not apply to a person hunting or target shooting on a public or private shooting range.
    (b) Except as provided by Subsection (d) of this section, no person possessing a firearm may hunt a wild animal or wild bird, or engage in target shooting on land owned by another unless the person has in his immediate possession the written consent of the owner of the land to hunt or engage in target shooting on the land.
    (c) To be valid, the written consent required by Subsection (b) of this section must:
    (1) contain the name of the person permitted to hunt or engage in target shooting on the land;
    (2) identify the land on which hunting or target shooting is permitted;
    (3) be signed by the owner of the land or by an agent, lessee, or legal representative of the owner; and
    (4) show the address and phone number of the person signing the consent.
    (d) The owner of the land on which hunting or target shooting occurs, the landowner's lessee, agent, or legal representative, and a person hunting or target shooting with the landowner or the landowner's lessee, agent, or legal representative are not required to have in their possession the written consent required by Subsection (b) of this section.
    (e) Repealed by Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 267, art. 3, Sec. 110, eff. Sept. 1, 1985.

Beckett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Plano
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week which is..............." a visit from the game warden.

Cool Hand Luke - 1967

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    duty_calls.png

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    well who are you saying is wrong?
    and do you plan on correcting them?

oh well i guess i should clarify..

IMHO the comic illustrates the absurdity of the strong emotional significance of proving someone else wrong, especially via internet, an unlikely source of meaningful validation

i read this thread, thought it was hilarious for the same reasons as i think this comic is hilarious, so, i posted the comic here for the enjoyment of others like myself.

:)

and no i wont be correcting anyone.
    hehe

Top Bottom