• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I found a Bersa .380 for $ 500. Manager had the audacity to tell merit was a Beretta, and it was a collectors item because it was misstamped "Bersa" at the Beretta factory in Italy. I just walked away.
    I don't get it
    I have a 'Glock' misstamped by the Benelli factory

<sweet story>

I hit the local shops recently. One wanted $149 for a used, semi rough, H&R charmer that Walmart sells for $165 new.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I found a Bersa .380 for $ 500. Manager had the audacity to tell merit was a Beretta, and it was a collectors item because it was misstamped "Bersa" at the Beretta factory in Italy. I just walked away.

I had a fellow try to pull the same thing at Nagel's. I asked for a Mauser K98 and he came back with a beat up Mosin Nagant. I asked him why the handle was straight and he replied, "That's just a variant." Only wanted $400 for it, too!

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Did you laugh in his face and walked out ? I would love to annoy them as much as they like to annoy ppl with prices being higher than new lol

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    \

LOL oh man that is epic

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    I'm not surprised one bit, when I lived back in Louisiana I knew a shop in town. I stopped in once a week just to BS and see if he took anything cool in. He would always show me stuff he pawned on, and tell me when it would be up for sale if the owner didn't come back. He was a really cool guy, and he would always ask me right when I came in how much I wanted to spend. I'd tell him I had a $150 cash and he would usually pick up a gun and say it's yours for a $150, just the type of guy he was.

But this guy was a rare type, he moved allot of guns and would deal. I need to check and see if he's still in business next time I pass through there. I wish I could find a similar place down here. Not even for great deals, but someone that actually knows guns and doesn't try to rape people on used guns etc.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    I had a buddy grab a kimber 1911 a while back for 250$ at a pawn shop because they pawned it for 200$ and wanted the money out of it.... they didnt even know what they had.. I saw a smith and wesson at a pawn shop on the west side of SA that was very nice they wanted 700$ I offered 400$ on the spot and they said yes but I didnt get it I just like to see how much I can beat them down.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I offered 400$ on the spot and they said yes but I didnt get it I just like to see how much I can beat them down.

Do you do that often???

If I make an offer and they accept I consider it a matter of honor to follow through on the deal. A verbal contract was made.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    Do you do that often???

If I make an offer and they accept I consider it a matter of honor to follow through on the deal. A verbal contract was made.
    you'll find out if its not on paper nothing will hold up...

Rule #2 in contracts
    took that class 2 years ago and use it every day

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Hmmm. Sorry, my conscience won't let me do that.
    Paper schmaper. A man's word has to be worth something.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    Hmmm. Sorry, my conscience won't let me do that.
    Paper schmaper. A man's word has to be worth something.
    I believe it to a point but these days with all the scum around I will not trust anyone on money deals.. I have been burnt too many times and pawn shops are SCUM they offer 1/4 of what the gun is worth and sell it at 25% above value..

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    Call it a gift but I'm good at haggling at pawnshops. of course I'm looking for beat up fixer-uppers so people are looking to just get them out the door so that may be a big part of it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have never been to pawn shop that wouldn't haggle with you.

Once traded $32 and a Martin Guitar for a 30-30 rifle. Also bought a Ruger 44 mag Super Blackhawk for $295.

I have at least 4 guns I have bought from pawn shops.

Top Bottom