• ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    My first post, so bear with me while I learn here. I am overwhelmed with all the information that is on here. If you inherited a M60, would you wait for the transfers to be done and sell all the extras with the weapon? Or would you piece part it out? Sell the M60 separately from the spare barrels and bipods in bags, and separate tripod?
    Do not wait BATFE allows 12 months to either sell or apply for permit.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    For the love of GOD! Who the hell would SELL am M60?
    I would probably sell the old lady for ammo if I inherited one!
    Considering the other guns he might be inheriting perhaps there is a mini gun he would rather feed. Really the best way to shoot one is standing up with it in a soft mount on a solid pedestal. Rambo it not really practical unless you a strong mofo band are running a predator pack. Lying down off the bipod suck, compared to off a bench with the bipod. Tripods tend to be more sitting on the ground. Mounted in a gun ring on a vehicle is great for engaging feral hogs day oy night.

And depend on what his M60 actually is, it could e a hell of a nice down payment on a house or land. Not a whole lot of places to go shoot one either. A decent size machine gun shoot with things to chew up is really where an M60 shine chewing up a couple of vehicles.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Assuming you don’t want it then.
    I have been wondering how you made out with you Pig? Hopefully you hold on to it a while and watch it increase in value. And the cool thing is go outing shoot it, as they sit in increase in value depending on the gun itself. If you do do out to shoot it either watch some YouTube videos or find someone who is welcome versed in the operation of it.

Squirrel1327

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2024
    Pflugerville
    I have been wondering how you made out with you Pig? Hopefully you hold on to it a while and watch it increase in value. And the cool thing is go outing shoot it, as they sit in increase in value depending on the gun itself. If you do do out to shoot it either watch some YouTube videos or find someone who is welcome versed in the operation of it.
    So, the story continues. Lol. Alphabet gvt agency is still working on transfers and stuff. So everything is still locked away. But once I get it all done, a range day is definitely in order. I did talk with Aaron at Beltfeds and going thru some stuff with him. So totally appreciate that input.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So, the story continues. Lol. Alphabet gvt agency is still working on transfers and stuff. So everything is still locked away. But once I get it all done, a range day is definitely in order. I did talk with Aaron at Beltfeds and going thru some stuff with him. So totally appreciate that input.
    Hey that what we are hear for. I keeping saying some of the finest people you may never meet are on here. IfArron at cant tell you then something is wrong when it comes to the pig. If your thinking that set up as a door gunner aint you thing there is also US Ordance who can total upgrade it into a E6.

Squirrel1327

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2024
    Pflugerville
    Hey that what we are hear for. I keeping saying some of the finest people you may never meet are on here. IfArron at cant tell you then something is wrong when it comes to the pig. If your thinking that set up as a door gunner aint you thing there is also US Ordance who can total upgrade it into a E6.
    Cool. Tks. I do have the original butt stock. Sights. And barrels. For shoulder fire. So I may be able to do it already. Just have not got to that point yet.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Cool. Tks. I do have the original butt stock. Sights. And barrels. For shoulder fire. So I may be able to do it already. Just have not got to that point yet.
    To be honest with you the very best set up for shoot is from a pedestal mount with a soft mount cradle. IN the D configuration with a Trijicon crew served sight.

Rambo shooting not really practical. My guess the parts you have takes it back to the configuration used in Vietnam. The E6 variant is a bit lighter and more compact. The E6 is the latest version. Everything is dependent on your wallet. A solid pedestal mount with the soft mount would be the the very first addition if it was mine. Followed by that Trijicon machine gun sight.

The guy that I bought my M16 from has an M60 and he has a pedestal that he and various friends set up. He has the right kind of friends like a gun smith, welder fabricator his brother is a metallurgist. He and Aaron know each other pretty well.

I’m sure Aaron gave you a ballpark figure as to what you gun is worth. Depending on where you are in life will make a big impact a what you do with it. Myself I would try to hang onto it because it a very desirable belt fed that will only increase in value. Whoever left it to you most of thought the world of you, just another reason to keep it.

Finding a place to shoot it is a major factor. I would avoid any public ranges as you’re going to draw a crowd. In that crowd you never know whoever is in it.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    IMG_8319.jpeg

Squirrel1327

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2024
    Pflugerville
    To be honest with you the very best set up for shoot is from a pedestal mount with a soft mount cradle. IN the D configuration with a Trijicon crew served sight.

Rambo shooting not really practical. My guess the parts you have takes it back to the configuration used in Vietnam. The E6 variant is a bit lighter and more compact. The E6 is the latest version. Everything is dependent on your wallet. A solid pedestal mount with the soft mount would be the the very first addition if it was mine. Followed by that Trijicon machine gun sight.

The guy that I bought my M16 from has an M60 and he has a pedestal that he and various friends set up. He has the right kind of friends like a gun smith, welder fabricator his brother is a metallurgist. He and Aaron know each other pretty well.

I’m sure Aaron gave you a ballpark figure as to what you gun is worth. Depending on where you are in life will make a big impact a what you do with it. Myself I would try to hang onto it because it a very desirable belt fed that will only increase in value. Whoever left it to you most of thought the world of you, just another reason to keep it.

Finding a place to shoot it is a major factor. I would avoid any public ranges as you’re going to draw a crowd. In that crowd you never know whoever is in it.
    Your a wealth of knowledge and it is truly appreciated. Will keep you posted as things progress...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Your a wealth of knowledge and it is truly appreciated. Will keep you posted as things progress...
    I only know what I remember from being around my buddies M-60. I'm sure there has to be a few guys on here that know way more about them from what they were taught by Uncle Sugar.

I seem to remember being told to load a fired round as the last round on a belt. Seeing as it fires from an open bolt you don't want the bolt hitting an empty chamber. I was also told it's best to really get on it versus trying to shoot burst.

Making a trip to one of the larger machine sun shoots to meet and talk with other owners of pigs would be well wort the cost of admission to the shoot. Another big plus is actually seeing what other have as far as set ups. Learning what & where to lube the gun is very important. Having someone someone with you to help you load it up to take it to a shoot and unload it. My friend base for the pedestal is a two man deal to load into the back of a truck. A way to catch spent links & brass is equally important. Hopefully you have everything you will need. Shooting from the bipod or tripod works, but I can tell you unless your a young guy getting down on the ground sucks as you get older.

Top Bottom