Information Overload (Home Defense)

unicom

May 19, 2016
Welcome to the family. There are a lot of options. I have three. Glock 19, Mossberg 500 12 gauge with 00 buck, and an Ar15 sbr in 300 blackout with a can. If you are dead set on the pistol and rifle using same mags you can get Ar’s that except Glock double stack 9mm mags. So that’s an option as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
Sep 29, 2012
Kaufman County
I don't know about the EC9, but I have a Ruger SR9 and it shares a common mag with the EC9 and the PCC. And I can tell you the SR9 and the PCC both freaking rock. Whatever you decide, if you don't feel like you know much about firearms definitely seek out all the training you can. And then get your LTC once you're comfortable with your level of knowledge.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
Hmm, how about a S&W M&P 9mm 2.0 Compact and a Ruger PC Carbine. Or if you want mag interchangeability, a Glock 19 and PC carbine. Or, the Ruger SR series and Security 9 will give you mag compatibility with the PC Carbine. Or, look at the PC Charger. Sort of a pistol and rifle all in one.

plinkr

Feb 18, 2019
US
All this talk of interchangeable mags, I can't help myself. Sometimes old school is the best school, as in a revolver and lever rifle, both chambered in .357 magnum. Both available at multiple price points (normally at least). Fun and cheap to shoot means more practice means more effective. It doesn't get more point and shoot than a double action wheelgun.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ShotgunAg

LTC Instructor & FFL
Aug 1, 2020
Frisco
Shotgun is my preference. With that said if your wife, an inexperienced shooter, is going to be using the firearm, I would start with a 20ga. Easier for her to shoot. Prefer the 12, but, across a room, the culprit will most likely not be able to tell the difference in getting hit with a 12 or 20 ga. My thought is that both will leave a mark. Be Blessed

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
If I'm shooting the 12 ga. it's not a problem, but if my wife has to defend the homestead, that would be way too much gun. That's why I always recommend the 20 ga. And as said previously by some, the turdbird that needs to be shot inside the house or yard won't be able to tell the difference in gauge!
Even a .410 will work fine in probably 90% of homes.
Edit to add: Buckshot is perfect for inside a house or an average size yard.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
Shotgun is my preference. With that said if your wife, an inexperienced shooter, is going to be using the firearm, I would start with a 20ga. Easier for her to shoot. Prefer the 12, but, across a room, the culprit will most likely not be able to tell the difference in getting hit with a 12 or 20 ga. My thought is that both will leave a mark. Be Blessed
Welcome to the Forum!

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members