• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    No, ah....er, wait....I DID buy yer lunch, didn't I?

Pray tell, did I pull out my wallet to pay? Did I not get rebuffed.."no no, I got it. I want to brag on TGT I bought your lunch" ;) ....chik-fil-a folks. A #1 sandwich meal.

ANYone that REALLY feels "shackled" needs to get out of the situation. A good marriage is a partnership. There's give and take, as there should be. That doesn't mean that we can't have fun with it, though!

A good marriage is a partnership. It is also work, no doubt about it. You have fun with it your way. I have fun with it mine. If the word "shackled" suddenly jumps out and signals trouble to guys, take a look at the things yall post about women. A lot of signals there too that I've bit my tongue about.

It's a two way street.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Congrats!

As for you guys, "being your own (wo)man" cuts both ways. I don't have my friends anymore. I don't have my money anymore. I don't have my schedule anymore. Everything is ours. Everything is we.

I would still like some part of my life to myself too. Men don't get the monopoly on that. Us ladies can feel the very same way you boys can about things I've about had it up to my eyeballs about this pissin' and moaning about wives. The other half is just as miserable...err challenged

+1
    It cuts both ways. LOL!!!!

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Congrats, and good luck. And I don't mean that cynically...but then again I kind of do. I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary and already have had some hurdles to jump. In my experience so far though, the pros far outweigh the cons.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'll be in Houston a couple of days, then San Antonio. It will be a few weeks untill we get to both move in to "our" apartment.

It was freezing in Oklahoma, not making it into the 30's most days. Oh well. It was a lot of fun.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    After having been in a "bad marriage" and now in a "good marriage" I can say the difference is like night and day. Congrats and I hope yours remains a "good marriage".

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    After having been in a "bad marriage" and now in a "good marriage" I can say the difference is like night and day. Congrats and I hope yours remains a "good marriage".

Amen on THAT, Robo!

An' Shorts - you guys DO need some "me time"!! I'm getting that this weekend with a hunting trip w/some of the guys from my m/c club. And I'm always encouragin' my better half to get together w/her friends and do things. Not to excess, but enough to where we can each have some time with others to recharge our batteries and be ourselves. She's somewhat introverted, and I'm the extrovert (hard to believe, ah know) - she's got a Masters (less than 2 hours for her Doctorate if she wanted it), ah've got a GED - yet we manage to get along and enjoy our lives together....because we always remember that we can't smother the other.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    should you be being yourself around each other as well??

Yes - and don't try to "change" each other - that's one of the BIGGEST issues I see. Be what/who you are while dating, don't fudge it or "dress it up". If you do, then you're not being honest to the other! But once married, then you married WHO they are, NOT who you WANT them to be!!!

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    lol I think Big would be happy that I didn't like some of the things he did when we were dating... Maybe not, but I like him lots more now.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    lol I think Big would be happy that I didn't like some of the things he did when we were dating... Maybe not, but I like him lots more now.

And if you BOTH were aware of his "shortcomings" and agreed change was needed, that's cool. I'm thinking of the 2nd wife, who thought that she'd be able to get me off my motorcycle.....N O T ! ! ! !

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    LOL! I told her from the beginning that I love to fish, and hunt, I love my friends and my family and my dog try to take any of them away from me and we'll have problems. LOL!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hear ya on marryin' up!! Did the same...

I DID tell her - and any other female I dated - that I was a biker, had always been a biker, and intended to be buried as a biker. She'd never been on one - took her first ride, and she got hooked!! We've never been on vacation on anything BUT a bike - and that includes trips out to Montana, North Dakota, Nevada, etc!

Ed4032

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    You missed a tax deduction you could of had if you just married three days earlier.

A study found that married men live longer than single men. However they re-evaluated the report and found that it just seems longer.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Congrats and you two have a long and happy life together.
    I just hit 70 this week and have been married to the same gal for 49 years.
    If you ever hit a rough spot take a deep breath ,relax and work it out,
    never go to bed mad .
    But hey just and old guys .02.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    We're going to chip in for a subscription to Playboy Magazine's married version. Same centerfold month after month after month.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Snicker!

Flash

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    We're going to chip in for a subscription to Playboy Magazine's married version. Same centerfold month after month after month.

Hahaha! nice.

oh and congrats!

post some Wifey pics!
    *preferably with shouldered firearms ;)

Top Bottom